Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Where's the goddamn picture?!

The only bad thing about moving out of our Fallowfield hovel 5 years ago was that we were no longer near The Battered Cod. It's been one of the best chippies around for absolutely years.

I had to eat it sat in my car like a tramp, so couldn’t get the right angles for a pic.  Awesome chippy though, never knew it existed.  The scallop was that crispy it shattered when I bit into it, showering me with salt, vinegar and greasy scrapings.  It was like eatclean bukakke.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Lived just down the road from The Battered Cod from 1999-2004, and it's only recently been beaten into second place (plaice?) by my new local chippy (who are losing my good will quite rapidly at the moment as they've been closed "for Christmas" for almost two weeks now). Very glad to hear it's still as good as it always was though!

Edit: Is "Happy Days" by Sainsbury's still around? They used to do fantastic ÂŁ2 pepperoni pizzas. Perfect stopping place on the walk home from town at 2 in the morning.

I don’t think so, was it on the bit with Abdul’s or further up near Subway?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Edit: Is "Happy Days" by Sainsbury's still around? They used to do fantastic ÂŁ2 pepperoni pizzas. Perfect stopping place on the walk home from town at 2 in the morning.

Shut down a few years ago. I think it's a Greek place now.

• Awards Moderator

My usual chippy isn’t open until Monday so tried one in the middle of town out. 

FB25E167-DE0A-4B2A-8C22-73B2B1860F59.thumb.jpeg.2170a46795e7e5b075397160ff057d70.jpeg

Chicken - ten on ten, mushy peas - bingo, chips - snap, erm, minor criticism, would have preferred the battered sausages to have been included during the gravy pouring. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole a very good effort, seven on ten.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

FB25E167-DE0A-4B2A-8C22-73B2B1860F59.thumb.jpeg.2170a46795e7e5b075397160ff057d70.jpeg

Chicken - ten on ten, mushy peas - bingo, chips - snap, erm, minor criticism, would have preferred the battered sausages to have been included during the gravy pouring. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole a very good effort, seven on ten.

2 battered sausages? Wild man! 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

My girlfriend saw this over my shoulder and was absolutely appalled. Trouble in paradise. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

That looks like someone with diarrhoea emptied their bowels on top of your dinner. Then I do find mushy peas abhorrent, because as a general rule green stuff doesn't belong on a chippy dinner.

Genuinely reported.

3 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

That looks like someone with diarrhoea emptied their bowels on top of your dinner. Then I do find mushy peas abhorrent, because as a general rule green stuff doesn't belong on a chippy dinner.

Yeah, looks rank.  I think it's the gravy mixed with the mushy peas that does it.  Peas should be thick enough to retain the shape of the plastic container they come in even after you've pushed it out.