Chippy Tea

Onyx2

On 12/14/2018 at 6:41 PM, Dead Mike said:

Chippy tea? Completed it mate.

Large fish & chips (Ā£6, there were pure chips left over too) and we shared a large curry sauce (Ā£1).

20181214_180639.jpg

It was all tremendous. The fish was amongst the best I've had. Got a black pudding fritter (70p) too purely out of curiosity & that was as excellent as it sounds.

IMG_20181214_182747.jpg

Feeling festive?Ā 

20181214_174056.jpg

I'm tempted to back next week just to try these.

Ā 

They missed the opportunity to call their special pigĀ in blankets "Benny InĀ The Middle"

• Paid Members

I'm stuffed. The Wife picked this up for me on the way home and because she had to spend a tenner to pay on card went a bit OTT. She's a keeper. Three battered sausages, a large and a small chips. The battered sausages were top notch too.

IMG_20181219_174438808.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I stole this from reddit. This was available for Ā£6 at the Embankment fireworks show last night. I'm spoilering it because it will make some of you genuinely angry.Ā 

Ā 

Apparently the spunky stuff is cheese.Ā 

qnprpshq0t721.thumb.jpg.15e2d9b5a131e4ba51145bb1c9fa303c.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

Had fish, chips and Scallop from the Battered Cod in Fallowfield at dinner. Ā Best chippy in Manchester as far as Iā€™m concerned now. Ā They tasted like seaside.

• Paid Members

Where's the goddamn picture?!

The only bad thing about moving out of our FallowfieldĀ hovel 5 years agoĀ was that we were no longer near The Battered Cod. It's been one of the best chippies around for absolutely years.

Lived just down the road from The Battered Cod from 1999-2004, and it's only recently been beaten into second place (plaice?) by my new local chippy (who are losing my good will quite rapidly at the moment as they've been closed "for Christmas" for almost two weeks now). Very glad to hear it's still as good as it always was though!

Edit: Is "Happy Days" by Sainsbury's still around? They used to do fantastic Ā£2 pepperoni pizzas. Perfect stopping place on the walk home from town at 2 in the morning.

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA