Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I've nothing against Halloumi, in its place. That's just not it's place.Ā 

Ā 

I have to do a mea culpa here though. I'm avoiding the chippy at the moment. I've lost just over 2 stone and have plenty more to lose. Battered delights are a thing of dreams at the moment, I am living vicariously through this thread though.Ā 

A huge tray of chips and mixed veggie kebab from the chippy down on Sandy Lane. The place is cut into two with the smaller side just selling veggie and vegan options, they've tried making it all as close as they can to the normal stuff too, no pretentious artisan bollocks.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I'd go as far to say vegetarians should be banned from chippies. It's for their own good. Because if you went in a chippy in Cheetham Hill and asked for a halloumi and tofu wrap then you will end up deep fried.

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

I'd go as far to say vegetarians should be banned from chippies. It's for their own good. Because if you went in a chippy in Cheetham Hillļ»æ and asked for a halloumi and tofu wrap then you will end up deep fried.

Googled the place and the first thing I see is Grandad left covered in blood after machete-wielding robbers severed artery in his hand

Nice.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A huge tray of chips and mixed veggie kebab from the chippy down on Sandy Lane. The place is cut into two with the smaller side just selling veggie and vegan options, they've tried making it all as close as they can to the normal stuff too, no pretentious artisan bollocks.

Ā 

I had a massive, full blownĀ argument with my Mrs a few months ago over a Veggie Kebab.Ā 

We go to this kebab place that does the best kebabs we have ever tasted. Anyway, she decided she was going to call for us a kebab after work one day, and I couldn't fucking wait. Well, that was until she walked through the door with 2 vegetarianĀ kebabs. All it had was salad and cheap cheese in a pitta bread. It was a fucking cheese salad sandwich and the daft bastard had paid Ā£6.50 each for them. I didn't talk to her for a fortnight...

• Paid Members

Depending on how horny I am, large cod, or meat and potato pie, large chips, scallop and enough salt and vinegar to preserve it for a month. Ā Tub of curry or gravy on the side to dip, and a buttered barm or 4 rounds of white bread and butter. Ā @Devon MalcolmĀ The chippy in heaton moor a couple of doors down from the cinema has been amazing recently.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

@Devon MalcolmĀ The chippy in heaton moor a couple of doors down from the cinema has been amazing recently.

You get absolutely massive portions in there too. My local is The Sea Shell and it's great. My favourite currently is The Little Chippy in Cheadle, absolutely tremendous chips and gravy in there.

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Alright, Monsignor Bollocks - you're going to have to tell me what a red pudding is. Sounds like it could've been in Game Of Thrones.

I know black pudding and white pudding, but never heard of a red one, and I am intrigued to know more.

Ā 

3 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

This is why I started this thread. Proper regional weirdness! What on earth is that?

Red pudding is a spiced pork pudding, shaped into the same sausage shape as a black or white pudding and battered. It's a East of Scotland thing, you get them Fife up to Aberdeenshire (maybe Moray too I couldn't say). I'll also put my love out there for a red supper, my usual choice from the chipper. (also, yes, it's Chipper not Chippy up our way)