Chippy Tea

Onyx2

15 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Vegan AND vegetarian pies?! Is the humble cheese and onion pasty not enough for these people?

No it’s not, because vegans don’t eat cheese or any animal product. 

Fucking hell, imagine being so insecure that you can’t stand the thought of other people not wanting to torture animals. 

8 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

It's probably because Maestro wasn't being serious and you jumped in at the deep end. 

The first half of my post directly responded to Maestro and the second half was open to everyone it applied to. I don’t consider what I said to be jumping in at the deep end, either you abuse animals or you don’t. Pretty simple 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

The first half of my post directly responded to Maestro and the second half was open to everyone it applied to. I don’t consider what I said to be jumping in at the deep end, either you abuse animals or you don’t. Pretty simple 

Do you have a smart phone? Or buy clothes from a major retailer or trainers with a recognizable brand name? Chances are they are being made by children in poor countries who are getting paid way less than a suitable wage under horrible conditions. Either you abuse children or you don’t. Pretty simple.

22 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Do you have a smart phone? Or buy clothes from a major retailer or trainers with a recognizable brand name? Chances are they are being made by children in poor countries who are getting paid way less than a suitable wage under horrible conditions. Either you abuse children or you don’t. Pretty simple.

Never heard that one before... Oh wait no, carnists use that one all the time when they think they have found a way around their own accountability. 

Vegans don’t think they live in self sustaining private ecosystems which have no negative impact on the world. It is about minimising your footprint in as many areas as possible. Where I can I buy as much ethically made products as possible, but in 2018 you are setting a near impossible standard. I however am setting a very easy one for you: you don’t have to eat meat, it is a “luxury” and a selfish one.

However if you are concerned about children then you should consider Veganism, because it will create more food thus helping end world hunger and help prevent the huge amount of damage humans do to the earth.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Never heard that one before... Oh wait no, carnists use that one all the time when they think they have found a way around their own accountability. 

Vegans don’t think they live in self sustaining private ecosystems which have no negative impact on the world. It is about minimising your footprint in as many areas as possible. Where I can I buy as much ethically made products as possible, but in 2018 you are setting a near impossible standard. I however am setting a very easy one for you: you don’t have to eat meat, it is a “luxury” and a selfish one.

However if you are concerned about children then you should consider Veganism, because it will create more food thus helping end world hunger and help prevent the huge amount of damage humans do to the earth.

For fucks sake, lad. I was pointing out how tiresome your initial posts were, I was in no way engaging you in some meaningless debate.

You've stomped your way into a 40 page thread that has in-depth discussion of the best sausages, kebabs, chicken, chips cooked in animal fat, and other assorted meats, but only now someone has pulled a light hearted "Hey lads, veggie pies in a  chippy, lol" post, do you have to throw a hissy fit. 

Go and create your own thread about vegetarianism/veganism if you want to chat about that. Don't come swinging your ego and elevated sense of importance around.

Edited by Accident Prone

Well you “pointing out how tiresome” my initial post was read exactly the same as all the pathetic justifications I see on a daily basis.

Im not throwing a hissy fit. I’m very relaxed and just calling bullshit on people insulting a cause that is close to my heart. Same as if I opened a thread that had sexist, racist or homophobic jokes in. I haven’t randomly targeted people for saying they eat meat.

Funny how you think I have an elevated sense of importance and ego just for thinking animal abuse is wrong. 

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

😂😂😂

The thing I love most about this post is that it doesn't matter whether it's serious or Maxwell's latest troll gimmick, it's equally hilarious either way.