WM 35 - Gimmick Battle Royal II

Sheffbag

Just for shits and giggles lets have the UKFF entrants for Gimmick Battle Royal II at WM35

EDIT - RULES for the entrants

Only Sheiky from the first one is allowed and there will be a big slide fitted to the ring so he can be eliminated ala Jamie and his magic torch credits.

You can have gimmicks from before WM17 if they werent in the first. 

Competitors must still be alive 

Commentators needed too if you can think of any (again must be alive)

• Paid Members

Sheiky baby has to be in it for the defence, obviously. He's going to cheat to win against The Patriot. Salt in the eyes and then tip him over the top rope with the aid of Sarge on the outside. At which point Hulk is going to come down, as he has Sheik's number, and he's good at impromptu 'Mania main events. Big boot, leg drop and then a pin fall finish, since Sheik ain't going over that top rope 18 years after he couldn't do it the first time. Come to think of it, he isn't taking the bump from a big boot either. As well as that, Hulk can't land on his hip, and may have trouble getting in the ring to begin with. 🤔 There are flaws to my idea, I must admit.

• Awards Moderator

Pedantic point: they already did a second Gimmick Battle Royal on Raw for its 15th anniversary or 1000th episode or something. Fairly sure IRS won and sold the win to DiBiase.

Genuine question: the people in the first Gimmick Battle Royal in 2001 meant very little to me at the time, as I’d only properly got into wrestling the previous year. For those of you who’d watched through the late 80s and early 90s, did it give you a nostalgic warm feeling, or a ‘Christ these guys’ or were you not that fussed at who was involved?

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Pedantic point: they already did a second Gimmick Battle Royal on Raw for its 15th anniversary or 1000th episode or something. Fairly sure IRS won and sold the win to DiBiase.

Genuine question: the people in the first Gimmick Battle Royal in 2001 meant very little to me at the time, as I’d only properly got into wrestling the previous year. For those of you who’d watched through the late 80s and early 90s, did it give you a nostalgic warm feeling, or a ‘Christ these guys’ or were you not that fussed at who was involved?

It was worth it for the entrances and commentary of Heenan and Okerlund alone. Proper class. 

I'd make it a 20 man rumble consisting of:

Rikishi
Ken Shamrock
Santino Marella
John Laurinitis
Blue Meanie
Tommy Dreamer
Funaki
X-Pac
Billy Gunn
DDP
Jerry Lawler
JBL
Boogeyman
Juventud Guerrera
D'Lo Brown
Hardcore Holly
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Gillberg
Ricky Steamboat (Winner)
Chavo Guerrero

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It was genuinely my favourite bit of WM17, which is some feat given the quality of the card.

Archived