Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I'm still fucking around in the single-player, I've probably put about 35-40 hours in it at this point, yet I've only just moved to the second campsite. I've already bought all the camp upgrades (until more are likely added later) so what should I be investing all my cash in? Right now it's being thrown at gun upgrades, horse upgrades and poker.

There's not much you can spend it on. You can buy all the manuals for crafting poison and arrows etc. There's tons of outfits to get from the tracker but that's more dependant on getting the quality carcasses. For a game thats massive on content they dropped the ball in terms of having meaningful purchases for the comparative size of the game.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

There's not much you can spend it on. You can buy all the manuals for crafting poison and arrows etc. There's tons of outfits to get from the tracker but that's more dependant on getting the quality carcasses. For a game thats massive on content they dropped the ball in terms of having meaningful purchases for the comparative size of the game.

Bit shit that then. I guess I'll shit it away on poker and clothes. Still a fun game never the less, and it won't stop me becoming the most honorable cowboy who ever lived.

• 2 weeks later...

Been grinding a bit on the trader part of online.  I'd been going out and skinning deer to bring them back to Cripps, but the other day I brought back one carcass and the materials added were so much more than my usual tactic.  Fucking hell, all that time wasted.  I WILL HAVE MY HUNTING WAGON GODDAMMITT!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Been grinding a bit on the trader part of online.  I'd been going out and skinning deer to bring them back to Cripps, but the other day I brought back one carcass and the materials added were so much more than my usual tactic.  Fucking hell, all that time wasted.  I WILL HAVE MY HUNTING WAGON GODDAMMITT!

Yeah always bring the full carcus. 3* obviously pays more than 1*.

I have the large delivery wagon which really beefs up the sale profits, but I'm undecided about the Hunting Wagon. It seems if your camp is in the Heartlands or similar area, you can usually pick off a few deer/buck (the best paying aside from Cougars) within a 20 second ride out of camp. Stow one on the back and laso the other back in. if you can pick up 2 Jack Rabbits (best paying small animal) along the way then its a full house.

Apparently the Hunting Wagon will only spawn on a clear road and takes a maximum of 5 large carcusses. Horseback hunting off the beaten track still seems more viable to me.

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post 

My misses hasn't played a game since Sonic was knocking about for the Mega drive, but since I jumped back into online a few weeks back, she took a bit of an interest when I was wandering though the snowy parts of the map. 

A few days later she asked if she could play, which is something she'd never asked to do with any game before... Skip to yesterday and I came home from skating to find she'd pretty much filled up Cripps' delivery wagon and also ran a supply mission for me too. I've never been so proud, as she was struggling to walk in a straight line when we started. 

RDR - Bringing people together. 

2 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Sorry for the double post 

My misses hasn't played a game since Sonic was knocking about for the Mega drive, but since I jumped back into online a few weeks back, she took a bit of an interest when I was wandering though the snowy parts of the map. 

A few days later she asked if she could play, which is something she'd never asked to do with any game before... Skip to yesterday and I came home from skating to find she'd pretty much filled up Cripps' delivery wagon and also ran a supply mission for me too. I've never been so proud, as she was struggling to walk in a straight line when we started. 

RDR - Bringing people together. 

She sounds like a keeper. You should send her a friend request.

Thought I'd get back on this last night, well initially it was tuesday night but the 17gb update put the breaks on that. I deleted my original character and created a new one, this time an athletically built hunk who resembles Joel from Last of Us. I did all the intro and got through the first mission. Spent a good chunk of the cash and gold I've accumulated since last year on clothes and horse stuff. (the money and gold remains when you delete a character but all your material possessions disappear, I think).

I went to Saint Denis to start my career as a trader but stupid Cripps wouldn't spawn. It must have been an issue because there was a few of us lingering.

I fucked off my career ambitions for some fast money and rode to Blackwater to further the story mode. It took ages on my shitty horse. The chap who looks like Steven Weber opened up three missions and off I went. The first one, north of Blackwater was a simple four man job. Go kill a bunch of bandits at a ranch. Tranny Trevor fucked off half way through so we had to restart from a check point. Somewhat letting my other two amigos down I got killed twice triggering two more restarts. Then I noticed the other two weren't actually moving and were sat back at a nice safe location letting me kill literally everyone singlehandedly and chasing the bandits down. I finally hogtied mine when the other two decided to get involved but it was too late and their bandits escaped thus failing the entire mission. From leaving Saint Denis to the mission failure north of Blackwater it must have taken 45 minutes, i spent the rest of the night killing mercs and opening new fast travel locations on Assassins Creed.

• 2 months later...

Enjoying the Moonshiners update but it's glitchy as hell.  Some missions won't launch, and I did the incredibly hard "Blood Is Thicker Than Shine" story mission on the 50th attempt only for it to make me redo it a few hours later.  Also, there seems to be nowhere near as many animals as there was, making hunting a bit of a ball ache.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

I've read it's been removed today but I've really enjoyed dicking about in the snow over Xmas on Red Dead and having a crack at the Moonshining. I mentioned before I've been playing it with my misses and she has really gotten into it it. She started off struggling to walk whilst moving the camera, but these days I smile with glee as she navigates the weapon wheel and hops in and out of the menus like she's been playing it for years. 

Plus I really hate the collector role but she loves it, so having her do all of that leg work really helps. 

Best game ever. 

(Quoted from another thread to move it here so not a double post!!!!)

Thank fuck the snow is going, hopefully all the animals will come out of hibernation now!  Funnily enough, my girlfriend loves the collector role as well, and she's ace at the Master Archer and Salvage free roam events.  Got to say though, the amount of "Griefing" she gets from other players is massive, as soon as they see a female character, out come the shotguns and lasso's.  They even look for where she respawns so they can go after her again.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

(Quoted from another thread to move it here so not a double post!!!!)

Thank fuck the snow is going, hopefully all the animals will come out of hibernation now!  Funnily enough, my girlfriend loves the collector role as well, and she's ace at the Master Archer and Salvage free roam events.  Got to say though, the amount of "Griefing" she gets from other players is massive, as soon as they see a female character, out come the shotguns and lasso's.  They even look for where she respawns so they can go after her again.

Do you use the Defensive mode? Makes it harder for people to auto aim at you and mow you down. I think it keeps your blip off the map too. My misses plays as my male character, so we haven't noticed the auto female griefing. 

The snow really hammered the animal spawns, but I've found that the size of the lobby you're in really matters. Anything over 15 people and the animals are hard to come by. It's a bit of a ballache, but if you start a legendary bounty (the bear fella is a good one because of its location) and you'll spawn in a solo lobby with a ton of animals... If you have the Hunting wagon, you can fill it up quick then either exit back to free roam with a full load or finish off the bounty.