Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

Completed the main story. Just onto the epilogues now.

Man, that Arthur ride back to camp near the end. The music. The emotion.

Yeah, I had a tear or two.

Then when his horse died and Arthur said "Thank you". Then when Arthur gave John his hat. Then when Arthur and Dutch were on the mountain and Arthur looked up and said "Oh Dutch" in his dying voice.

What a game.

• Paid Members
On 12/26/2018 at 1:43 AM, Stinky Dad said:

On chapter six now...things are shit aren't they?

Will I still get time to complete the side missions like hunting/fishing the legendary creatures as I still can't access Blackwater at the moment?

Following the 'main' portion of the story you will have access to the entire map. But there will be not much else to check out from Blackwater West/Southwest-ward aside the legendary content. For now.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members

I finished RDR2 in the small hours of yesterday, having bought RDR1 from the XBONE store I naturally started it to continue the story. Going from the fastest horse in 2 to the slowest in 1 is like going from a lorry to a lambo. It seems ridiculously fast in comparison. The graphics still hold up really well but the difference is noticeable, 4k set accepted.

If I won stupid money any time soon i would gather a small army and get Rockstar to release the entire story for 1 as a DLC for 2, animated horse-bollocks and all. But with toilet breaks, I'm not Dan Houser FFS.

Just now, W35ty said:

I'm on the epilogue now.

Reveal hidden contents

Really disappointed by the end of Arthur's story. He should have at least killed Micha.

That's where I am and I suspect that, much like the epilogue in the first game, that'll happen in some way or other.

Completed Epilouge 2

When Sadie got stabbed I was fucking FUUUUUUMIN as I thought they killed her. That final mission going after Micah was something else tho and once again, the music was SPOT ON. Man was it spot on. Dutch finally did the right thing but it still doesn't absolve him of anything. I watch all the end credits too and that was a very nice touch by Rockstar. Mary visiting Arthur's grave, seeing John and Abigail get married. It was sad when they showed Pearson looking at that old picture of the gang too.

What an experience.

Just started the Epilogue myself this evening. What a game. That last 30 minutes of the Chapter Six is a proper rollercoaster - I don't I've ever been as moved in a video game as I was in the closing moments. The soundtrack and the pacing was just perfect.

Glad to see I can still complete some side missions like the dinosaur bones, hunting, fishing and exotics collecting too. Going to really flesh this epilogue out and milk it for another month or so I reckon. It's the first time I feel like I've got value for money and then some from a game! Rockstar have outdone themselves here!

Just out of interest, how long is the Epilogue? I'm two missions in now.

I've really stalled on the progress with this game, I've been on Chapter 5 for ages now and it's starting to drag, but there's so many side missions and collectables I have completely ignored the story missions. I am going to make a concerted effort to just smash through the story for the rest of the week.

18 minutes ago, Stinky Dad said:

Just started the Epilogue myself this evening. What a game. That last 30 minutes of the Chapter Six is a proper rollercoaster - I don't I've ever been as moved in a video game as I was in the closing moments. The soundtrack and the pacing was just perfect.

Glad to see I can still complete some side missions like the dinosaur bones, hunting, fishing and exotics collecting too. Going to really flesh this epilogue out and milk it for another month or so I reckon. It's the first time I feel like I've got value for money and then some from a game! Rockstar have outdone themselves here!

Just out of interest, how long is the Epilogue? I'm two missions in now.

There's two parts to the epilogue. There's about 8 or so missions in total I think. 

I really enjoyed the game overall. It didn't hit the feels like it seems to have done with some of you. The Last Of Us still holds that crown for me. A great story overall though and I loved being able to play as John Marsten again.

It's a shame they didn't make more use of the southern part of the map once it opened up. I'm guessing that's more for online purposes or, hopefully, story DLC.

Edited by Steve Justice

So, Still fleshing out the epilogue. Not much extras left for me to do bar the missions and I'm sitting on 87.7% , how's everyone else done?

Just wondering, those who've done the all the legendary fishing did you manage to get the legendary Channel Catfish that's found in the San Luis River. Seems to have caused loads of issues according to things I've read online with nobody able to catch it. I've actually got it, not caught but found it floating dead in the Kamrassa River. It's not the 200lbs monster Jeremy Gill would have you believe but still a decent size. I now have the pic of it in my compendium and it's crossed off on the map. I even took it to the trapper for my big reward and got a $1. Bit shit.

Tonight I've finally finished all the Exotics collecting. That was a horrible mission - about six weeks it's taken. Glad to see the back of it. Anyone got the final legendary creature near Saint Denis?

Finally make it to Chapter 3.  I don't see myself finishing this game though, it's just too big and I don't have the hours.  Pity as it's a fascinating work.

• Paid Members

Keep going Loki, Chapter 4 is bloody good. I just finished that chapter, fuck me sideways!

I love the camp in Chapter 3 though, probably my favourite base- just on the lake with a little canoe for you. If you venture across the water to the island, you can find a bottle of aged pirate rum and a PIRATE HAT! Oh, and there are iguanas to skin there too. I also really like the red tracks of nearby Rhodes, really makes the little town stand out.

• Paid Members

Chapter 3 seems to be the happy place. I've read many people say that on their second play though, they're shutting up shop and living the good life there and not trying to progress. 

Loki, stick with it. Even if it takes you til next year. Well worth it. 

Edited by Silky Kisser