McMahon Always Wins (Colt Cabana sues CM Punk)

Merzbow

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

We've all seen Judge Rinder, that wont hold up in a court of law. 

Judge Rinder? We'll have to get Judy on it.

judy-bagwell.jpg

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

Cabana is a massive idiot though, isn't he? You only have to listen to the Art of Wrestling and beyond knowing a bit about wrestling he's a complete fucking dunce. It's hardly surprising he's let himself get hugely out of pocket with all this rather than protecting his own back.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

We’ve all spoken about how Punk could almost certainly walk back into WWE in a few years and draw money. In a world where Samoa Joe is challenging AJ Styles for the WWE title, could we ever see a day where Colt gets a job just to fued with a returning Punk - Matt Hardy/Edge-like? Niche, I know, but I wouldn’t put it past Vince (if he’s still alive then).

I much prefer the idea of Punk coming back with an immediate heel turn promo (because his work is only truly rewarding when he's playing asshole) - goes off on one about how much the company had to kowtow to his utterly ridiculous demands and "you stupid people" made it all happen by demanding him back with their godawful chanting his name, how they ruined shows they'd paid to see - "you don't even realize how stupid you are" etc. Part of his demands being a job for his mate. Enter Cabana (short term) as a gopher and interference runner for Punk, cannon fodder in the amusing J&J Security mold of running in and getting twatted and very occasionally to do jobs for the guy that's about to wrestle Punk on the next special. Cabana can be part of the Punk story but not his feud, he's so far below ice cream Phil it's untrue.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

haven’t listened to The Art of Wrestling for over a year, but when I listened every week, I would guess how long before he started “when I was in developmental....

Or “when I got fired by wwe”. It always sounded like “I’m not bitter, but...”

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, air_raid said:

I much prefer the idea of Punk coming back with an immediate heel turn promo (because his work is only truly rewarding when he's playing asshole) - goes off on one about how much the company had to kowtow to his utterly ridiculous demands and "you stupid people" made it all happen by demanding him back with their godawful chanting his name, how they ruined shows they'd paid to see - "you don't even realize how stupid you are" etc. Part of his demands being a job for his mate. Enter Cabana (short term) as a gopher and interference runner for Punk, cannon fodder in the amusing J&J Security mold of running in and getting twatted and very occasionally to do jobs for the guy that's about to wrestle Punk on the next special. Cabana can be part of the Punk story but not his feud, he's so far below ice cream Phil it's untrue.

I like the sound of that. There's also potential, I guess, for a DiBiase/Virgil mini-feud storyline too. I'm not a big Cabana mark, but he's not bad as an underdog face; he can certainly elicit sympathy, as he's quite goofy and has that Jason Biggs-esque likable loser-type face.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I like the sound of that. There's also potential, I guess, for a DiBiase/Virgil mini-feud storyline too. I'm not a big Cabana mark, but he's not bad as an underdog face; he can certainly elicit sympathy, as he's quite goofy and has that Jason Biggs-esque likable loser-type face.

I liked him at his natural level, which was ROH, back when ROH was good. And definitely not at the top of the card there, never mind "the show."

Here's a hare brained theory. 

Cabana's in the battle royal at All In to get an ROH title shot. Punk is at All In. The Battle Royal is on free TV. Punk wins the Battle Royal on free TV, costing Cabana the shot at the end. People see Punk on TV buys on the PPV go up and ROH and  New Japan have a big name for MSG.

It's fanciful to the extreme but it'd have everyone losing their shit.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Here's a hare brained theory. 

Cabana's in the battle royal at All In to get an ROH title shot. Punk is at All In. The Battle Royal is on free TV. Punk wins the Battle Royal on free TV, costing Cabana the shot at the end. People see Punk on TV buys on the PPV go up and ROH and  New Japan have a big name for MSG.

It's fanciful to the extreme but it'd have everyone losing their shit.

ROH & New Japan have already sold out MSG, they don't need another big name. Would be a colossal waste of bunse paying Punk's fee.

Also, CM Punk's first match back in wrestling, if it ever happens (which I doubt) will not be aired for free by anyone. Pissing money away, that.

Edited by air_raid

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Whoever wins the Battle Royal gets the shot later in the night. In that sense Punk showing up on TV would drive last minute buys if his first real match was on the PPV.

Like I said it's fanciful, but ROH have been open about wanting him back and Cody's been loud about this being a landmark night.  Him going over Aldis isn't exactly water cooler stuff.  

• 1 year later...