McMahon Always Wins (Colt Cabana sues CM Punk)

Merzbow

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

The pair of them seem like self absorbed, deluded shitebags, to be honest.

Going off the brief times I met them, they came across as that. Punk was a bit more engaging, but it was clear he was the kind of guy you had to catch randomly in the right mood. I'd been looking forward to meeting Colt, because people were saying what a nice guy he was - he just seemed really up himself, and quite snide at times.

I dunno - maybe just caught them on bad days. I only met them once apiece.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

I'd been looking forward to meeting Colt, because people were saying what a nice guy he was - he just seemed really up himself, and quite snide at times

I had the exact same experience. Put me right off him 

13 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I had the exact same experience. Put me right off him 

Ditto.

Unless you buy merchandise, you won't get any response from him. And if you do, little interest or care he shows despite this friendly persona he has from his podcast.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

He bought Joey Mercury a house when he got clean 

He hates him now too though. Supposedly he'd told Mercury stuff in confidence that ended up getting back to the office or whatever.

Reading that document, I can't see how Punk can really justify this. Cabana only fought the lawsuit because Punk told him he'd be covered. Regardless of whatever else has gone on between them, leaving him with a 200k bill is out of line, especially since all Cabana actually did was try to back Punk up.

Cabana's taking the piss with the demand for a million in punitive damages though.

47 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

He hates him now too though. Supposedly he'd told Mercury stuff in confidence that ended up getting back to the office or whatever.

Reading that document, I can't see how Punk can really justify this. Cabana only fought the lawsuit because Punk told him he'd be covered. Regardless of whatever else has gone on between them, leaving him with a 200k bill is out of line, especially since all Cabana actually did was try to back Punk up.

Cabana's taking the piss with the demand for a million in punitive damages though.

Absolutely...there'll be a mediation and a settlement agreement in all likelihood.

Punk is 100% in the wrong, but the punitive damages is frivolous at best.

• Paid Members

Legal novice question here.  How come the party which unsuccessfully sued Punk and Cabana to begin with isn't covering the cost of their bills as part of a court settlement?  Seems a bit mental to have to spend half a million dollars defending yourself when you were in the right according to the courts.

• Paid Members

To add to the experiences others have had with Punk, I'm sure I've shared before my own story meeting him at International Showdown which was really enjoyable. But even then, he still gave off the air of a surly, sarcastic bloke that reminds you of that guy in your circle who none of you, hand on heart, can admit to really liking because he's such a dickhead, but you keep around because he's occasionally funny with it.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Doesn't colt own pro wrestling tees if so I don't think he's sort or a Bob or too

And…? So Colt should just go, “Yeah, I’ll swallow that $500k legal bill, buddy. I can take the hit.”

Edited by Your Fight Site

1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

And…? So Colt should just go, “Yeah, I’ll swallow that $500k legal bill, buddy. I can take the hit.”

He can afford to pay his half punks right fuck colt he's not on social welfare or working normal jobs like the rest of us.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, kidzero said:

He can afford to pay his half punks right fuck colt he's not on social welfare or working normal jobs like the rest of us.

Affordability is not the point. Even if Colt does have the cash in the bank to cover the cost, the issue is Punk told him he’d cover it for Colt and has then gone back on his word, leaving Colt with a bill he wasn’t expecting.

• Paid Members

Although Punk is an absolute fucking misery, it sounds like Cabana has been quite naive during the process. Why you'd go backstage to an event run by WWE when you're in a legal dispute with them is perplexing in itself. If Punk promised him 100% of the legal fees then he has a legit gripe there, however surely you keep some funds hidden away as a backup, or you politely decline to take your mate's money and pay your own way anyway? If he didn't physically have the funds at the time to cover the upcoming legal costs, then don't fucking get involved.

Not that he even wants to, but I hope Punk never comes back to WWE, and WWE doesn't even need him to come back now. He's an absolutely miserable twat.