McMahon Always Wins (Colt Cabana sues CM Punk)

Merzbow

It looks like the Second City Saints aren't bezzies any longer, Colt is suing CM Punk for legal fees.

Cabana’s lawsuit contends Punk promised to help him out with the legal bills they amassed fighting the defamation lawsuit. Cabana claims Punk told him in a text that he would be “100% covered.”

Punk has failed to keep that promise, leaving him with unpaid legal bills totaling $513,736, according to the lawsuit.

Punk asked Cabana to pay half of the legal fees, which comes out to $256,868, saying “You are on your own.”

Cabana is asking for $200,000 in general damages, along with $1 million in punitive and exemplary damages, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims “Brooks acted with fraud, malice and oppression toward Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm.”

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Does Punk have any wrestling friends left? Hew seems to have a constant dickhead hat towards anyone and everyone.

Cliff Compton seems to arse-lick him but that's probably it. 

• Paid Members

Apparently Punk and Cabana fell out before a couple of years back anyway because Cabana was backstage at a Raw visiting friends and Punk was annoyed because of the lawsuit that was going on. He’s got this weird attitude towards anyone in WWE that he was friends with. For as happy as he says is these days, he just seems like such a bitter little man

That podcast would have given Cabana the most exposure it has ever had and I’m sure Colt has profited a fair bit from the aftermath if it has resulted in years of higher listening figures. Punk has already paid a lot as well...

At the end of the day though, a mate gave another mate his word. To me that trumps anything. If he promised to cover it then he should stick with it, even if it’s more than he thought it would be. 

They both knew going in that if the WWE lawyers went for them then it would cost a lot, and Punk has the money

• Paid Members

Punk could possibly sort that debt with one of his UFC payoffs. I can't see how Colt can pay without it financially destroying him. Beyond a small WWE run he has been a mid level independent star with a fairly successful podcast at best. If Colt agreed going into this with the idea that the Punk was covering the expenses then that's an arse of a move from Punk. Both would have known WWE would go in hard with this one to save face and that they have a legal team which is a force to contest. Therefore to stand a chance a strong legal team which took a large amount of man hours would have been crucial. Even then it was a massive gamble. Colt wouldn't be able to cover that cost whilst Punk would. Both knew that would have been required, so I can't see why someone with Colts worth would have agreed to foot half the bill. It's Punk being a dick again if he did agree to pay all costs. Now Cabana won't get back to the WWE if he ever want too. Whilst WWE will always employ Punk regardless. Bar Savage, Vince has a history of making up with everybody of worth. Punks easily a headliner. I can see him going back at some point whilst Vince is still alive. If that changes I can only see HHH bringing him back to bury him for his own pleasure.

• Paid Members

Dick move from Punk but barely surprising since Punk has always been a dickheaded, self-involved, self-centered, narcissistic arsehole. I bet it eats him up inside that his UFC "career" flopped so quickly and easily and he's a moron for leaving the kind of money WWE would give him to come back for a Wrestlemania run on the table. All in all, he seems like somebody it would suck to be friends with.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

Hmmmm. There's more to this than meets the eye, surely. If he said he'd cover him, based on the tone of that email, Cabana has to have done something to switch the tide of Punk's opinion, possibly multiple things, and I don't believe that Colt backstage at WWE story to be true and the cause of it. Two sides to this story for sure.