UFC 228: Woodley vs Till

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

@air_raid to the MMA forum, please. Clean-up in this thread.

I always knew the horror of pro wrestling and MMA being wrongly married would affect me in ways other than having to read Meltzer tweet about the latter. That day has finally come.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I think Woodley is a marginally bigger bellend so count me #TeamTill for this one. I'm leaning towards a Woodley win though. 

Pretty much my feelings on it. I don't find either particularly likeable but Till for me is the lesser of two evils, even if that's solely because I've had longer to get sick of Woodley. I'm thinking Woodley wins though. He's dangerous enough on the feet to crack Till or at least get his respect, and if it's not going well in the striking he's got that really strong wrestling base to fall back on. I might be wrong to assume Till can't handle that but until we see him deal with that style I'm not confident he can. 

Woodley's wrestling is an interesting aspect, because it's something he's clearly got skills with in abundance, but I can't recall him breaking it out that often in his recent fights.

Granted, against Lawler he didn't need to because he just blitzed him with that one shot, but against Wonderboy I'm sure he only took him to the ground once in those two fights, over ten rounds. I remember him really dominating as well, and being really confused as to why he wasn't going back to it when Wonderboy was having no luck from his back. And then obviously I can't think of anyone on the planet who's voluntarily going onto the mat with Demian Maia. 

Do we think he's going to bust out some more wrestling because he's fighting somebody that's going to put a lot of pressure on him, unlike Thompson who was happy to just sit and try and pick him off from distance? I've not really seen enough to think Till's going to struggle to stop the takedown any more than Wonderboy did.

• Paid Members

Woodley's got about as tough a style as it is to gameplan against. High level wrestler with ridiculous explosiveness, speed and KO power. You pick your poison really because if you over commit you'll likely find yourself ko'd or flat on your back from a takedown. Till probably has the right style because he can point fight against him and has a massive size advantage. Its whether or not he active enough to make it work, something Wonderboy wasnt in his Woodley rematch.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the accent doesn't come into it for me. I mean fuck, I'm Brummie I've got no room to talk about accents. But there's just something with Till that I find a bit off-putting. Sometimes he comes across alright but the more I listen to him the more I find myself wanting to see someone twat him. 

• Paid Members

Proper fascinating contest this. I don't mind both men. Aye, there are things you can point to which are a bit unlikable, but they both come across as decent people once they settle down. Pushed, Till is maybe the easier to like, though.

I'm picking Woodley because of his many weapons and his happiness to stink up the place for a W. For all his skill, for me the most impressive part of Woodley is his GSP-like ability to nail a game plan. Till can easily finish Woodley, of course, but if Woodley is on the ball I expect Till to have a hard time with that. I think the key to besting Woodley is to basically red line it for most of the fight - Dominick Cruz has pointed out several times that sitting back allows Woodley to take some time off so he can explode etc. Always easier typed than done because if you're too reckless you're on your arse eating right fists.

For UK MMA, you can argue it's as big a fight as we've had. Fans love Conor, but with Bisping retired it's important for the UFC to have a local star. If Till wipes out Woodley then the UFC have a real chance making Till into something over here.

You all should be Peter North hard after that.

I'm from just outside of Liverpool and my parents are scousers. Shall I take my opinions elsewhere David? Bell end. 

I like Woodley and Till too. Granted - Till (well, both of them at times) has said some dumb stuff, and I doubt he's an angel, but he comes across as genuine when interviewed at length by Helwani, Thomas, whoever. 

I'm confident he can get the win but disturbed by the sight of Till at the latest face off. He looked barely able to hold up his own weight and he's still around 10lbs off 170. And he looks like a skeleton.  Wouldn't be surprised if the doctor stepped in and stopped the weight cut before he even gets close. 

• Paid Members

Its gonna be an interesting weigh-in, Usman is apparently in town ready to step in if he misses.

I like Till as a fan but hes clearly the kind of guy you wouldnt wanna get on the wrong side of him, i think sometimes fans have a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that sometimes fighters can be nasty pieces of work.

Archived