Wasted

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

No, not a thread about ICW crowds. Who is currently being wasted by a company or is wasting their potential?

Thought about The Revival for the stables thread the other day and it got me thinking about those fucking awesome matches they were having on NXT a couple of years ago. That 2/3 falls match with DIY was 2nd in 2016 MOTY on here (https://ukff.com/topic/137937-ukff-awards-2016-the-winners/).

What the fuck are they doing now? At best exchanging wins with Raw's collection of shitarses like Titus Worldwide, B-Team, Fashion Police and Hardy & Wyatt. Their (very) occassional high prfile wins have been flukes. Even if they were pushed as the best team on Raw, there's no-one to work with. The best teams are all on Smackdown. Such a waste.

• Paid Members

Surely a case can be made that it's Neville at this point? WWE won't let him out of his contract and it's weird as it's not like he was some massive star to them. He wasn't even on the WrestleMania DVD! Seems so stubborn and selfish, he must have some dirt on somebody or there's someone in the office who has it in for him. In October it will be a year since he asked for his release. They let Aries go no problem, why do they deem it fit to waste a whole year of Neville's career? 

• Paid Members

Seth should be a main eventer right now due to popularity and the fact his comeback from injury should have been a massive babyface deal but they fucked it. He should have had a decent World title run at least once since his return but they can't be arsed because of the twin engines of the interminable reign of the absentee champion, and The Roman Plan if that isn't an oxymoron.

Kev and Sami were absolutely fantastic dickheads together and should have been tag team champions fucking with "respectful" Nakamura and AJ on the build to Mania and could still be making the SmackDown tag team division interesting. It isn't.

Over in New Japan, Kushida is the best babyface on the planet but can't be truly the ace of of his division because that would mean overshadowing Ospreay and Hiromu (pre-injury) which they don't want happening. Shame he couldn't really make heavy like Naito did.

Similarly Kota Ibushi would have had more than one shot at the IWGP strap in 3 years and be their genuine 4th main event player right now with Okada, Omega and Naito if he'd commit to New Japan instead of wanting to spend half his life moonsaulting out of trees.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Similarly Kota Ibushi would have had more than one shot at the IWGP strap in 3 years and be their genuine 4th main event player right now with Okada, Omega and Naito if he'd commit to New Japan instead of wanting to spend half his life moonsaulting out of trees.

I was originally going to say Ibushi too but I love his wacky hijinks outside of New Japan. I'm going to sign up to DDT's streaming service after the G1 just binge on all the campground/apartment/shopping centre shows. Shine on you crazy diamond.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I was originally going to say Ibushi too but I love his wacky hijinks outside of New Japan. I'm going to sign up to DDT's streaming service after the G1 just binge on all the campground/apartment/shopping centre shows. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Or to put it another way, 205 Live would have been built around him if he didn't want to spend half his life moonsaulting out of trees.

• Paid Members

Selfishly, I'm happy he's not on 205 Live, battling with crowds who don't care, working the WWE style and the politicking his way through the WWE system.

But that's me being an utter bastard as obviously it would be much better for his profile, finances and health if he did trade in his DDT shirt for a pair of green suspenders.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Or to put it another way, 205 Live would have been built around him if he didn't want to spend half his life moonsaulting out of trees.

And if that happened, we'd probably close this thread as that would be the biggest waste.

• Paid Members

Fin Balor is boring. Looks great, but he's just very average at everything. In WWE if you don't have the ability to turn their shite into good content then you've got no chance. Balor is just an entrance and a leather jacket.

Drew McIntyre has turned me into a fan in recent weeks. I used to really hate his weird posh Scottish and American accent, but it's all starting to click. Capable of good matches, believable promos, brilliant explosive finish and, importantly, looks good on a poster. Seems to have internet points too.

However, he needs to ditch that career torpedo with blonde hair and strap a rocket to his back.

Chad Gable for me. Endless potential. Obvious comparisons with a younger Kurt Angle but I feel they're far more justified than when they've been thrown against others like Jack Swagger or whoever.

He's very solid in the ring. Seems very comfortable as a character actor - far more than Jason Jordan. They just haven't really given him a chance on the main roster, instead generally forgetting his original tag team (which, like The Revival, should have done far better) and then decided to get behind Jordan instead.

I still have hope for him but I don't feel like he's been given a solid steady opportunity post-NXT yet.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Fin Balor is boring. Looks great, but he's just very average at everything. In WWE if you don't have the ability to turn their shite into good content then you've got no chance. Balor is just an entrance and a leather jacket.

I'm glad somebody else said it. He's fast forward material for me. I don't get the appeal whatsoever. I think he needs to be in a tag team with someone that's a lot more interesting and has a more dynamic character in order to make Finn seem a bit more interesting. Plus, lose the permanent smile for at least some of the time.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Surely a case can be made that it's Neville at this point? WWE won't let him out of his contract and it's weird as it's not like he was some massive star to them. He wasn't even on the WrestleMania DVD! Seems so stubborn and selfish, he must have some dirt on somebody or there's someone in the office who has it in for him. In October it will be a year since he asked for his release. They let Aries go no problem, why do they deem it fit to waste a whole year of Neville's career? 

I miss Neville so much. Bring him back!

18 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I'm glad somebody else said it. He's fast forward material for me. I don't get the appeal whatsoever. I think he needs to be in a tag team with someone that's a lot more interesting and has a more dynamic character in order to make Finn seem a bit more interesting. Plus, lose the permanent smile for at least some of the time.

17 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I miss Neville so much. Bring him back!

Fixed.. Neville and Balor tag team! Maybe rename them Fagin(Neville) and Artful Dodger(Balor) Perfect! 

Archived