Memorabilia that never existed but you really wanted

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

You're never going to get one that works is exactly like the film, mainly due to the fact they used about 8 different boxes, with each fulfilling a different movement(before being edited together. 

I know that, dude - the Lament/LaMarchand Configuration Box in the book and the film is physically impossible to remake. I just mean an approximation of some of the movements, or at least divisions along design lines.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

A T-800. 

😢

When I was 9 I wanted a Terminator action figure so much I got my brother to cut the head off my (fairly rare now) Arnie Commando figure and stick it on Bob the Joker's Goon's body (from the first Keaton Batman film). Official Terminator figures came out like a year later.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I know that, dude - the Lament/LaMarchand Configuration Box in the book and the film is physically impossible to remake. I just mean an approximation of some of the movements, or at least divisions along design lines.

Sorry mate, misunderstood you! Though with the number of people that have asked me if I know anyone who makes a screen accurate, fully working mechanical box, I always like to make sure.

I know you mentioned you were not looking for a rubrics cube style one, Mezco has made an officially licensed one that isn't too bad. Also, I've only ever seen one, but someone made and sold a puzzle that was made out of hundreds of tiny brass and wood pieces that fit together to create the configuration. It went for well over £500 though...

Personally, being a horror nut, most of my "holy grail" toy wishlist have since become reality, with Mezco, Neca and McFalane making action figures of the like of Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees etc... I'd have given anything as a kid to have a "real" metal Freddy glove or a load of figures. 

Only thing I would like now that doesn't exist, is a modern day, open world Nightmare on Elm Street video game, where you can go in and out of the "dreamscape" while trying to either escape Freddy, or kill the teens as Freddy...

• Paid Members

I kind of mentioned it earlier, but what were toy companies smoking in the late 80's / 90's? We had Robocop, Rambo, Chuck Norris, Terminator, Aliens and Predator toy lines. I am surprised we didn't get one for 9 1/2 weeks to be honest

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I was going to post Turboman but a precautionary search shows that not only were they available, they're fetching high prices on eBay.

They were in the clearance aisles for ages back in the day but rare now and we never got them in the UK

Archived