Fuck me, that was well produced! (Wrestling Edition)

Carbomb

• Paid Members

My god, I completely forgot about that Uprising 2 video. Fucking superb, it was perfect for FWA at the time. Just look at that video, they had some bloody good storylines and feuds going on. Incredible how they virtually had tv show-like stories for a small indy promotion that had a proper show every other month or so. It worked because their hardcore following of a few hundred fans would travel the country to watch them. Good times.

And yes, I got choked up at the 'world without a king' part at the time. Was gutted when Jody 'retired'.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/8/2018 at 7:40 PM, air_raid said:

The dueling promo bits they did for Hitman and Austin ("WAKE UP BRET") ahead of Survivors 96 were masterful and for me captured the duality of the emotions I was facing as a massive Bret Hart fan.

In among Austin's brilliantly edited verbiage in that promo, his barking "I ain't no sexy boy!" is my all time favorite comedy wrestling moment. 

• Paid Members
On 8/8/2018 at 12:34 AM, AdamTH17 said:

No, you're correct it doesn't. The YouTube link has all relevant information included within the video description however.

Whilst I'm here, I'll chuck in another one, this time the ring entrances from Onita and Chono from NJPW's January 4th show in 1999. The image of Onita sitting on the ramp smoking a cig whilst having all sorts of rubbish and litter hurled at him is a magnificent visual. Two definitive contrasts straight from the off.

Onita looks like the coolest man on earth during that entrance. What a perfect choice of entrance music it was.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:59 PM, AshC said:

"I can still hear the echoes...

Masterful.

Wow, this almost got me 😢

I don’t know whether it’s the music, the legends featured, the fact that all bar one of them are gone, the fact it was wonderful when it was regularly playing during my teens, the fact I haven’t seen that in a long time or all of the above but watching that just now, everything else around me just faded away.

Such a beautiful bit of production.

And to those who suggested a modern version of the video with the 90’s-Attitude stars appreciating the stars of today, by all means do something that reflects it, but please don’t base it stylistically on the above video. Some things should be left alone. 

Besides, and this may sound strange (and may be down to social media and the wider material availability) but the 20 years since the Attitude era to now doesn’t seem as big as a gap as the 20-25 years that preceded 1998 when that package was made. Plus the main eventers then are not as old now as the men in the video were.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm watching Wrestlemania 30. and bloody hell the Daniel Bryan-Triple H promo is superbly done!

Also, I thought the WWE Network promos, telling people how to connect were really well put together.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:29 AM, cobra_gordo said:

It doesn't get much better than this for me. Sets the scene beautifully and always gets me pumped up ready for what is still my all time favourite match. I'd rank this above the Rock/Austin WM17 video package.

Not a promo, but this intro from the Macho Man box set is beautifully produced.

That Royal Rumble  was the ppv that got me back into wrestling... I couldn't believe what I had been missing after watching that.  Its definitely one of my favourite matches ever

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

That Royal Rumble  was the ppv that got me back into wrestling... I couldn't believe what I had been missing after watching that.  Its definitely one of my favourite matches ever

I think there are a few of us that felt the same. I remember seeing Heat, completely by accident on C4 and that promo got me hooked. Which was really ironic because it was the Mankind skits with JR back after his debut that made me give up wrestling. The same wrestler brought me backed in.

Archived