Fuck me, that was well produced! (Wrestling Edition)

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Great stuff in this thread already. Even when the product is at its worst, you can’t fault WWE’s production staff. They’re fantastic at what they do. This was the first thing I thought of. Genuinely the best thing about Wrestlemania 27.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta give a nod to the WWE24 series of documentaries, particularly the ones showing the backstage stuff at Mania, the Raw after Mania and Raw 25. Documentaries have always been one of the company’s strong points but they’ve stepped it up the last couple of years with this series

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Gotta give a nod to the WWE24 series of documentaries, particularly the ones showing the backstage stuff at Mania, the Raw after Mania and Raw 25. Documentaries have always been one of the company’s strong points but they’ve stepped it up the last couple of years with this series

Oh, absolutely. That most recent documentary on the Hardy Boys is phenomenal. The type of thing where you think it’s almost wasted on the Network and should somehow be seen and appreciated by a much large audience. 

10 minutes ago, JNLister said:

The gold standard:

This has always been the one package I go back and watch it’s phenomenal also it’s weird to see wwf /wwe drop the politics and include the likes of savage warrior and Bret at the time   

It doesn't get much better than this for me. Sets the scene beautifully and always gets me pumped up ready for what is still my all time favourite match. I'd rank this above the Rock/Austin WM17 video package.

Not a promo, but this intro from the Macho Man box set is beautifully produced.

• Paid Members

I used to follow CZW back in it's the glory days of 2002-2005 (boy, can I feel the heavy eye-rolls from you lot right now) and I always thought their production vids, specifically for the big end-of-year Cage Of Death shows, were top-notch for an indy company. So impressive were they that I would often show them to my friends and they'd be proper hyped up for watching the big match on the show.

If you were new to the promotion and it was your first show, you got a very good grasp of what the main storylines were and the progression up to that point. They weren't meant to sell the show, as they were only included at the start of the tape, but it caught you up on everything important as well as getting you excited for it.

Cage Of Death 5 intro (probably NSFW due to the Zandig skin hanging angle)

Cage Of Death 6 intro (probably a little NSFW). I would often just watch this before going to school, I fucking loved it. Probably the best example of the storyline recap/hype video combo that the Dub did so well. Imagine being a teenager, sticking this show on and not bouncing off the walls with excitement after seeing this.

• Paid Members

The Miz Promo for Mania 27 is one of the best they have ever done.

Also it's always knocked my socks off how well they produced the Rock's return to Raw in 2011. It's perfectly built to a jaw dropping pop when his music hits. You know it's well done when the silence just before it is something you look forward to.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

It doesn't get much better than this for me. Sets the scene beautifully and always gets me pumped up ready for what is still my all time favourite match. I'd rank this above the Rock/Austin WM17 video package.

I love that. It’s pure pro-wrestling to get so much drama and excitement out of a man taking a mask off and changing his top. Fantastic angle, told brilliantly with the added music.  

That Rock moment was great. i'd read the rumours the week before, where they were speculating it could be Rock or Bieber, so when they shut all the stuff down and the electricity started pulsing, we were literally watching the show going 'come on, do it, play The Rock's music ffs', so when it hits... Tremendous.

I have never been a massive Cena fan but he always comes across like a true star in these videos and always manages to adapt to the person he is facing.

I know Wyatt has become a bit repetitive in recent years but thought he was hot going into this feud and shows you what he can actually do with the right material/feud. 

Eitherway I thought this was a well produced video.

Archived