Build a Dangerous Alliance

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

My initial thought for a stable would be Ambrose who I feel did so much better as the unhinged member of a violent team

That was one of my first thoughts. Ambrose as a Raven-like leader of a cult could be tremendous. Kinda feel like he'd have to have it in him to come up with it himself though because I think if WWE did it, it'd just be as bland as the Wyatt stuff was from anything but an in-ring perspective.

The likes of Mojo Rawley as you mentioned, Rick, to me would instantly make any stable look twice as shit because he's Mojo Rawley.

I think that's often why they don't try anything these days. It won't happen overnight but if you watch Rawley for the last couple of months, up to this week, they've slowly transformed him into a very interesting heel. The guy can talk, he's got a good look and if you evolve him, give him a reason to change and show him growing into the role, it can be done.

I know this is a bullshit answer, but I don't think anyone on the current roster would do well in a stable. It's either going to drag someone down or not make any sense.

That is possible. It needs a level of imagination that we don't see too much these days. It's all these three man groups that exist seemingly to fill Raw with tag and 6 man matches rather than having any particular motivation. Look at New Day. Unless their motivation is to sell pancakes and breakfast cereal, I don't know what they've spent 3 years doing.

Reigns as leader in a circa 2000 Triple H way with Usos behind him would look awesome. I'd also throw in Samoa Joe as the enforcer and the first man anybody has to get through to get close to Reigns as the end-of-level boss. Joe has also got charisma and intensity coming out of his ears and is a good enough promo that he can do the longer ones and tee up Reigns to say "It's our yard now" at the end.

5 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Reigns as leader in a circa 2000 Triple H way with Usos behind him would look awesome. I'd also throw in Samoa Joe as the enforcer and the first man anybody has to get through to get close to Reigns as the end-of-level boss. Joe has also got charisma and intensity coming out of his ears and is a good enough promo that he can do the longer ones and tee up Reigns to say "It's our yard now" at the end.

Any Stable with Reigns and Samoa Joe would just lead to a premature spilt and feud. You need one guy to be the standout, two of the same or similar level rarely works.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Get Manu and Sim Snuka in there as the Vincent and Horace Hogan of the group.

Why not both? Imagine the visual of Reigns flanked by the Usos, and them flanked by the AoP. Forget a stable where everyone's going for titles - make it a gang solely to get Roman on top. Have Reigns cutting promos about two things on his side - Family and Fear. Then have them NJPW Devitt Bullet Club up, surrounding their leader at all times and getting him the W.

• Paid Members

I think Reigns and The Uso's as the bulk of a stable could work, but it definitely needs two more people and I'm not sure who I would put with them. Possibly Ambrose if they were heel's, but I also like the idea of another lower level talent in there to get some of the rub, or else an older veteran or a woman. Heyman would be perfect to round out the group though. 

The Millionaires club idea was a good one in my opinion, it's just a shame that it was fucking WCW that was implementing it. As suggested earlier in the thread, Cena and Orton leading a group of veterans, with possibly Jericho and Batista. I feel you need someone in there that's beatable in the early part of the feud when none of the top guys are losing just yet, but I'm not decided on who you could add that's long enough in the tooth, pretty expendable yet at the same time, wouldn't bring down the aura of the group. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Briefcase said:

If Reigns were to turn heel (lets say Summerslam) with Heyman as his mouthpiece and AOP as the muscle that would do me fine. 

Sounds dark and menacing. I'm told Hogan's dyed his beard black....

• Paid Members

Why not just put the club together somehow? Balor, Styles, Anderson & Gallows.

My other thought was a modern day Horsemen analogue with Roode as Flair, The Revival in the Tully/Arn role but I'm struggling for who to have as a Luger/Windham type. Corbin? Bo? Curtis Axel? It'd be a jarring change for one of them, Maybe there's somebody in NXT that could get called up for that role. Cesaro? I know Cesaro isn't in NXT, he came to mind after I'd done the post.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Why not just put the club together somehow? Balor, Styles, Anderson & Gallows.

Factions are suited better as heels and the thundercunts that go to TV would jizz their crusty boxers at that four being together.

8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My other thought was a modern day Horsemen analogue with Roode as Flair, The Revival in the Tully/Arn role but I'm struggling for who to have as a Luger/Windham type. Corbin? Bo? Curtis Axel? It'd be a jarring change for one of them, Maybe there's somebody in NXT that could get called up for that role. Cesaro? I know Cesaro isn't in NXT, he came to mind after I'd done the post.

Id thought of this when they were all in NXT but with a slight twist, Flair as JJ Dillon, Roode as Flair, Revival as The Andersons and Aries as Tully.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, rollthedice said:

Id thought of this when they were all in NXT but with a slight twist, Flair as JJ Dillon, Roode as Flair, Revival as The Andersons and Aries as Tully.

Almost like they tried with Fortune in TNA. Beer Money were your Tully/Arn, Styles  was supposed to be Naitch and I guess Kaz was "the other one". Then Daniels, Doug and Matt Morgan got drafted in and it became more Seventune.

16 hours ago, air_raid said:

Factions are suited better as heels and the thundercunts that go to TV would jizz their crusty boxers at that four being together.

That's true. Unfortunately.

Archived