Wrestling unpopular opinions

Jacko

3 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Lex Luger, in his prime, wasn't as bad as many often spout on about.

Luger was truly great at times, his 97 run is underappreciated and I wish he held the title longer. His later comedic stuff with Buff is excellent too.

Disco Inferno was brilliant (is that unpopular to think?) and would have flourished as a heel in the WWF at the time, he'd have been the perfect anti-attitude guy.

42 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Luger was truly great at times, his 97 run is underappreciated and I wish he held the title longer. His later comedic stuff with Buff is excellent too.

Disco Inferno was brilliant (is that unpopular to think?) and would have flourished as a heel in the WWF at the time, he'd have been the perfect anti-attitude guy.

Never thought luger was much cop. His 97 run never done it for me, he looked long and skinny and as an elder fan at that point even, i knew it wernt going anywhere. Infact the best i ever thought of Luger was one of the first PWI’s ever sold over here was when i saw the pictures of him before id seen him wrestle.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, False Alarm! said:

Progress Wrestling is utter dogshit, and Jim Smallman isn't funny in the slightest. 

Progress is a company that puts on great wrestling matches but that's made hard to fully invest in by a fanbase containing some galloping thundercunts, too much believing their own hype, and hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Disco Inferno was brilliant

I've found the other half of the amulet.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Is that an unpopular opinion? For some odd reason that move has been in my head for a week or two now. I like it.

It was like go to finisher for guys who didn't have one in the 90s and would get ditched ASAP. HBK and Rock both dropped it like a bad smell.

-Roman Reign's "this is my yard, now" promo is just... grand. It's a neat line delivered  in the same default way he delivers every other line. I'm sure its the same delivery he utilities to order breakfast. I think a lot of people were quite rightfully thirsty for a bit of quality Roman character development that they could hang their hats on, and jumped on it like it was the greatest thing ever. His pauses were still awkward, he still couldn't shake the bullet point-itis and he still looked like he just came out of a K hole and in to some weird new reality where he was meant to be the biggest star on a wrestling show where everybody hated him. 

-Not sure how unpopular it is because they've always been remembered more as a company who done great TV whilst on top, but WCW pay per views were shite. Without the unpredictability of the TV angles, the monthly shows grounded you down to its formulaic halt of great cruiser weight matches, filler, decent grudge match, dinosaur main event. All usually without a single backstage cut, next to no video packages of any description and the same three or four sweeping camera pans they'd do again and again. Grey, static, score settling rasslin' shows.

-I've mentioned it in the other thread but all logic aside - and rose tinted glasses still permanently affixed to the head - 1999 Raw is War is still the most entertaining the show's ever been. I loved the factions as a kid and I still can't shake that. Especially the Corporation. Every segment they're in during the run up to WrestleMania XV is gleefully good fun. 

I'm sure there's more but those are the first three that came to mind. Going to take cover from the Roman swipe, now! 😉