• Paid Members

The recent-ish fashion for skinny/carrot-fit jeans with a "drop crotch" is ridiculous. I don't see what's cool about walking around looking like a two-pin plug.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

One of my clients is Vitality, and they've given me access to a new app that's a collaboration between themselves and Nuffield Health. You enter a bunch of details and it gives you your "Vitality age" based on all those factors. I'm 31. My Vitality age is 48.

So, yeah, I'm going to die soon.

• Paid Members
On 8/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, Scott Malbranque said:

I knew I was old when I had to collect my 17 year old son and his girlfriend from a G-Eazy concert and drop them home. His girlfriend put him on in the car. He didn't sound - or look like - someone who is named G-Eazy should look.

I had to Google this guy after your post. I was expecting somebody cruisin' down the street in his 64, jockin' the freaks and clockin' the dough. Not some Toby Alderweireld/CM Punk/Example hybrid.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

One of my clients is Vitality, and they've given me access to a new app that's a collaboration between themselves and Nuffield Health. You enter a bunch of details and it gives you your "Vitality age" based on all those factors. I'm 31. My Vitality age is 48.

So, yeah, I'm going to die soon.

Unless there's history in your family of people dying around the age of 50, I reckon your still alright for a few decades. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

There is this exact history.

Oh! Nice knowing you then. 

My Granddad and Great-Granddad on my Dad's side both died of heart attacks at 53. My Dad is holding out strong at 68. Hopefully he's not just an outlier 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I had to Google this guy after your post. I was expecting somebody cruisin' down the street in his 64, jockin' the freaks and clockin' the dough. Not some Toby Alderweireld/CM Punk/Example hybrid.

Outrageous, isn't it, Brewster? It floored me.

Poxy Millennial pop stars think they're now entitled to rap names that their peers would have earned with blood, sweat and tears from a harsh upbringing. G-Eazy. Stunning! His name is Gerald Earl Gillum. Could have made it a play on the words 'Earl' and 'gills'.

Noble Cod.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Oh! Nice knowing you then. 

My Granddad and Great-Granddad on my Dad's side both died of heart attacks at 53. My Dad is holding out strong at 68. Hopefully he's not just an outlier 

My grandad on my mum's side died at 49. My grandad on my dad's side I have no idea as I have never met the dude. But my mum's side especially has had problems with the men in the family dying early of heart issues.

I mainly like music from the 80s and 90s. I like some music from today but a lot of new stuff I couldn't care less about.

I wouldn't have a clue who a lot of pop stars from today are or know any of their songs. Same applies to a lot of actors or other "celebrities" (whilst on that subject, I stopped watching reality TV a long time ago and couldn't care less about Big Brother, X-Factor, Love Island etc...).

Most radio stations annoy me and I'd rather have full control of what I listen to (usually wrestling podcasts).

I keep moaning that there are too many comic book films these days and it's a completely oversaturated genre. I can't even be bothered going to the cinema a lot of the time as I think it's a rip-off (with what my local cinema charges for a ticket, you'd expect to get the Blu Ray Disc).

I still go out on most Saturday nights (I'm too tired on Fridays) but refuse to go to the trendy bars that are full of girls who are young enough to be my daughter. Instead, I either stay in my local or God Forbid, end up in a Retro Music Bar.

To whoever thinks that electric guitars are for old gits, then that's fine. I play electric guitar and I'm proud of it.

Hair is a lost cause. I started losing mine in my late teens and now I'm pushing 40, I'm considering shaving it even closer than the grade one I usually go for. I tried Regaine in my twenties. It didn't do much for me and as I don't have £25,000 or whatever it is for advanced hair studio, I won't be going down that route either. I accepted my baldness a long time ago.

I can't get into the early night thing. Plenty of time for sleep when you die.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Outrageous, isn't it, Brewster? It floored me.

Poxy Millennial pop stars think they're now entitled to rap names that their peers would have earned with blood, sweat and tears from a harsh upbringing. G-Eazy. Stunning! His name is Gerald Earl Gillum. Could have made it a play on the words 'Earl' and 'gills'.

Noble Cod.

To be fair Kenny G did it first.

• 3 weeks later...

I went out for a curry and drinks with my oldest friend on Friday evening. We have been friends since I was 13, but I haven't seen him in 5 years after he moved to Australia. We ended up drinking until 3am in his hotel's bar. My Saturday was completely ruined I haven't had a hangover where I just did nothing for an entire day. All I did was veg out and drink coffee and bacon sarnies.

Archived