• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

When friends suggest going out at night time (after 8pm). Fuck that noise! 

Unless it's a ticketed event which has a fixed start time I'm 100% a go out & come back earlier bloke now. In the week I'm in bed for half 9 most nights.

Yes. 

The amount of times we've arranged to go out and I've sulked at the last minute 'shall we just leave it and get a takeaway and a drink in?' I don't know when that started. I was never like that years ago. 

My other half has to practically drag me out the front door like I'm a little kid. 'I've spent ages getting ready you twat. You're fucking well going', 'we've sorted a babysitter now' and 'our families are all waiting at the church' are among our greatest hits of her trying to negotiate with me to leave the house. 

In my defence, once I'm over that hurdle and out the door, I'm fine. It's always that battle in the early evening before a night out though. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

He is wrong. If he doesn’t know the struggles having to steal music off Limewire at the risk of getting computer AIDs then his opinion on music is worthless 

Chances are most blokes who are old enough to have done that are dad's now and Linkin Park is definitely their favourite grindcore band.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I knew I was old when I had to collect my 17 year old son and his girlfriend from a G-Eazy concert and drop them home. His girlfriend put him on in the car. He didn't sound - or look like - someone who is named G-Eazy should look.

Just googled him. I'm guessing you were thinking a thugged out gangsta rapper too?

I'm now convinced I can get away with referring to myself as Roc Diesel.....finally.

• Awards Moderator
8 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Involuntarily farting due to doing sonething moderately physical, like leaning to reach something. Never happened in my 20's.

This has just started happening to me this year.

The main moment for me was when I tried to figure out what YouTubing and being an Influencer is all about. Colleagues who have kids of around 10 or 12 say that the main thing they all want to be when they grow up is a YouTuber. I've tried watching vlogs. I just don't get it. I just don't. They're so shit. Because I am old.

That and the fact my department now has staff who were born this century. OLD.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This has just started happening to me this year.

The main moment for me was when I tried to figure out what YouTubing and being an Influencer is all about. Colleagues who have kids of around 10 or 12 say that the main thing they all want to be when they grow up is a YouTuber. I've tried watching vlogs. I just don't get it. I just don't. They're so shit. Because I am old.

That and the fact my department now has staff who were born this century. OLD. 

The YouTube thing is particularly so for me. Although my bitterness stems from the fact I would like to be able to figure it out and make money from it, and just can't. I suspect that, if I were to attempt to do what YouTubers (i.e. the ones who specifically make a career from just being themselves or themselves turned up to 11) do, rather than, say, how-to or review videos, the effort would die quicker than Tommy Robinson in Mecca.

The age thing - the fact that there are people old enough to vote who don't remember the 20th Century makes me feel old.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I knew I was old when I had to collect my 17 year old son and his girlfriend from a G-Eazy concert and drop them home. His girlfriend put him on in the car. He didn't sound - or look like - someone who is named G-Eazy should look.

I've had another one of those "I'm old" moments as I didn't understand the gist of this comment. I re-read it quite a few times thinking to myself, "His son's GF put G-Easy in the car? Is his son G-Easy? Was there a big poster outside the venue? What??".

It was only when Dead Mike commented on it that it hit me; my haggard brain had been skipping words, hence I was reading it as "His girlfriend put him in the car". Fucking hell.

• Paid Members

There's a rule that I keep to and it's done me well; If I get home from work and whack on my cozies, make a brew and sit my arse on the sofa, that's it. I'm not going out. No matter how many messages or calls I get from friends who are out, I'm in for the night. I've kept that rule for years and the only time I broke that rule (due to my mates actually coming round my gaff to pick me up/force me out) happened to be the night where I later met my now-fiance. So swings and roundabouts.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I've kept that rule for years and the only time I broke that rule (due to my mates actually coming round my gaff to pick me up/force me out) happened to be the night where I later met my now-fiance. So swings and roundabouts.

I misread the end there and thought you said you met your fiancé at the swings and roundabouts. Got a bit worried that this thread was going a bit Yewtree for a sec. 

Clubbing - Cannot stand it and couldn't relate to anybody even in the club like I would have done in my younger years (I'm in my 30's). It's just full of people I wouldn't even want to know in all honesty. I actually couldn't think of anything worse.

Today's Generation - Maybe I am showing my age but just cannot grasp that all guys dress to look like One Direction and Girls all act like they do on them shows like Love Island/Only Way Is Essex etc. I wouldn't want to wear or look like any of them.

Reality TV - As mentioned above just cannot understand how anyone can sit around and watch people on these shows like Love Island/Ex On The Beach and enjoy it? If I wanted to see people get pissed, get off with each others mates, have a big row/fight then I would probably just go out in the first place** It almost encourages today's generation to go out and do these things as its seen as normal & okay.

Video Chats - Just don't get it either. I hate talking on the phone so why would I want to see someone in a live video chat? I completely understand if your in a long distance relationship or your partner is away....but to your best mate who you probably see everyday anyway?

**Not that I would do that at my age now anyway.

Archived