Worst TV theme songs

Gus Mears

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Nobody even tries to do a decent theme song these days. 80s and 90s it was all about the how good the song was and could it hit the Top 40. What was the last original theme TV theme song to go into the charts? "Big Brother" at the start?!? Too many programs to do songs for now, IMO.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Nobody even tries to do a decent theme song these days. 80s and 90s it was all about the how good the song was and could it hit the Top 40. What was the last original theme TV theme song to go into the charts? "Big Brother" at the start?!? Too many programs to do songs for now, IMO.

The Classic FM chart had the sodding Game of Thrones theme song on Sunday. Shockingly, it wasn't even the worst thing on that show, as The Royal Wedding Soundtrack came about two places after. 

• Moderators

The Game of Thrones music is great. The soundtrack to Iron Man was the first time I noticed Ramin Djawadi's work. It was one of those rare occasions where the score was so good I actually bothered to look it up and got the album. I'm really glad he's getting the credit he deserves. So many film and tv scores are just lazy garbage these days, but his compositions work fantastically and really add a lot to scenes.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

The Sopranos theme got into the charts, IIRC. Curtis Stigers' Sons of Anarchy theme is pretty good too. The Punisher theme is bad-ass - could easily be a wrestling entrance theme as well.

• Awards Moderator
On 8/3/2018 at 1:34 AM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Surprised The One Show theme hasn't had a mention yet. A truly horrendous sound that's possibly even more irritating than the 30 minutes of shite that follows it.

Only saved by the time the Royle Family "sung" it. 

• Moderators

No, because it was also in a quite frankly total and utter dogshit episode of the Royle Family. Basically any episode made after the Queen of Sheba qualifies as a total and utter dogshit episode of the Royle Family, where Dave has gone from being a bit slow to him and Denise being so thick I'm amazed they remember to breathe.

Archived