Worst TV theme songs

Gus Mears

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

The West Wing will always be near the top of my list, both the theme song and closing credits. I think the latter might be the worst offender though; you go from a terrorist attack killing hundreds of people or something to the Simpsons theme.

If it makes you feel any better Gustav, Aaron Sorkin and John Wells hate the end credits music of the West Wing as well. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

GTFO.

No.

30 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

This one has always irritated me because it just made me sing "The upper hand, the upper hand. The upper hand, the upper hand" over and over in my own head every week. Even now, can't unhear it.

100% agree with this. Hated that theme. The series itself wasn't really much cop - it was just "Who's The Boss?" made for the UK. I saw the equivalent episodes, and it just wasn't different enough to say TUH was any good. Mainly just watched for Diana Weston and Kellie Bright.

• Paid Members

Baywatch Hawaii season 2

Utterly bizarre blend of jungle and pop warbling. They had the nerve to replace the proper Baywatch theme with this. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Mainly just watched for ... Kellie Bright.

Same. Was in love with her when I was, what, 9? Still think she's lovely although she's not lovely enough to make me watch Eastenders.

25 minutes ago, Really Big Shoe said:

Reminds me of [Watching]

Another TV lass I was in love with. The theme is terrible but it gets a pass from me because it's supposed to be. Not like Waterman who probably thinks he's good.

I nearly mentioned Friends like @westlondonmist. I actually think it was good and fit the show but 24 years of the fucker has made me hate it.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Same. Was in love with her when I was, what, 9? Still think she's lovely although she's not lovely enough to make me watch Eastenders.

Likewise. Will never watch that. Think I'm slightly older - was around 11, 12? Although, after Katey Sagal as Peggy in Married...with Children, Caroline Weston was one of the first on screen to pique my taste for older women too.

Archived