Remakes / cover versions that improve on the original

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Great call on Ryan Adams' Wonderwall. Vastly superior - apparently Noel Gallagher even plays it that way at his gigs now.

Mike Flowers' version was also quite well-received, even though it's that whole ironic 90s lounge music thing.

• Paid Members

Lissies cover of Persuit of Happiness is a cracker.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DmTumvh9BzAA&ved=2ahUKEwizhJC61szcAhXI_KQKHce6CUkQwqsBMAl6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw1ahOPx3EyFttfGVpIebzLW

Bloody hell, can't get it to embed from my mobile.

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That Reel Big Fish cover was an aural assault. Fucking terrible.

I think it holds a special place in my heart because it reminds me of starting college. Could have been worse, could have picked something of that Less Than Jake Grease cover album

• Paid Members

Johnny Cash's Hurt is an obvious one but it's so bloody good, the way it builds up gets me every time. Superb.

Anyway, perhaps the greatest cover is this. Suck the big one, RHCP fans. Don't @ me

Oh, and everyone raves about Placebo's cover of Running Up That Hill. As good as that is, I prefer this one. A nice bit of Jonny Jewel.

Edited by PunkStep