UFC Fight Night: Gaethje vs Vick - Aug 25

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Julian Torres can piss off with his Al schpiel.

Gaethje/Lee is the best they can make with whats available. Im all for it.

As for Gaethje getting criticised for his style, i think its a little harsh. Its all about forward pressure and being willing to take a shot but its not like he doesnt back it up with solid technique, he has good hands backed up with some of the best leg kicks in MMA. I dont see him as a guy who just pushes forward swinging wildly. His lack of offensive wrestling bothers some people but Gaethje said recently he used his wrestling in MMA to keep the fight standing, (a bit of the old Chuck Liddell's) and hes very effective at it. The guys a freakin nightmare to fight.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2018 at 10:52 AM, Egg Shen said:

Where does Gaethje go next? Hes good to go but there's limited options cause everyone at the top is tied up.

I know this answer isn't really what everyone will want to hear, but while those top guys are tied up I wouldn't mind seeing Gaethje take some time off.

He's fought three times in eight months, with two of them being pretty nasty wars, and the last of those came only four months before his win against Vick.

He'd be well served to sit out for a bit, let his noggin sort itself out.

• Paid Members

yeh, post fight he did say he wanted to take time off so maybe we'll see him return early 2019 when 155lb has played out a little, depends on what names they throw at him in the meantime though i suppose.

Archived