BT Sport loses UFC rights

Art Vandelay

Just now, Carbomb said:

Other thing to bear in mind is that this is now potentially an opportunity for Bellator - they could get themselves on BT Sport and get an immediate shit-ton more exposure than they've had previously in the UK. And BT might go for it because it wouldn't be as expensive as UFC.

How did people on here watch Bellator before?

Torrents, mainly. If it was on BT i'd certainly watch it there though.

we are assuming Viacom even want to sell, Bellator on Viacom owned channels on cheap TV to make, if a new owner came on board they would want it on Fox Sports in the US and Probably BT in the UK AND DAZN would have to factor. I do think European MMA is underserved but most of Bellator marketable arara are either North& South American.

• Paid Members

£6 a month is a very competitive price! They are also offering an annual pass for £60, which is a fiver a month, but there is an 'early bird' price of £50 if you sign up before 31 August, which works out at a little over £4 a month. Obviously the extent of their UFC coverage is unclear right now, but if you're also tempted by the football they offer then the price is very good.

Surely Eleven Sports isn't going to be just a streaming channel? I know it's the way the world is moving but what a hassle that is for someone like me who can't be arsed switching between HDMI1 and HDMI2 to put my Firestick on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 4:13 PM, Chunk said:

Anyone know that latest on this? MY BT contract is up, so I'm interested!

My lazy Googling isn't return much new news on the Eleven channel or Sky picking up the UFC.

Confirmed as of today:

UFC

Eleven Sports officially confirmed as the new home of the UFC in the UK and Ireland

https://buff.ly/2DxSMjV