10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I loved Les as a comedian, but he was a Tory. Obviously, some here won't mind that, but it will be a problem for others, myself included.

Ah fuck, I didn't know that.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah fuck, I didn't know that.

In fairness to him, in most of his interviews he comes across as very compassionate, believing in the community as the basis of how to help each other and improve society, an old-style Northern Tory. But he was a Tory, and everything that comes with it, very anti-trade union, low tax, etc. I was also disappointed to find out the same about Leonard Rossiter and Bob Monkhouse.

• Paid Members

Did some work the other year with actor John Jarrett from the Wolf Creek films/Tv show. Quite simply one of the nicest, down to earth individuals I have ever met. It showed how good an actor he is as he's nothing like the "Mick Taylor" character he plays. Although he did nickname me "Pomy Cunt", but he assured me it was because he saw me watching the cricket on a break! 

Also, he told me about when he worked with Alice Cooper, and how he is one of his favorite people in the world and easily the nicest person in the music industry...

I know the ex drummer of the Foo's said what a wanker and a bully Grohl is, but it's fair to say he may not be impartial about the bloke who fired him.  One of my favourite Grohl things was he was in an independent record store and when he got to the till the cashier said he would give him a discount.  Grohl asked if he knew who he was, then asked why he would give a discount to a rich and famous rock star and asked that he apply the discount to the person behind him in the queue.  Think he may have bought their purchases for them as well.

I know what you mean about over bearing, that ice bucket challenge video he did was a bit much but he looks like he was trying to have fun.

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know the ex drummer of the Foo's said what a wanker and a bully Grohl is, but it's fair to say he may not be impartial about the bloke who fired him.  One of my favourite Grohl things was he was in an independent record store and when he got to the till the cashier said he would give him a discount.  Grohl asked if he knew who he was, then asked why he would give a discount to a rich and famous rock star and asked that he apply the discount to the person behind him in the queue.  Think he may have bought their purchases for them as well.

So ultimately he was the beneficiary of the discount?

• Paid Members

How about couples that everyone loves unconditionally? Try beating Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn on that front. I would legitimately cry if they broke up.

Archived