• Paid Members

So I was wondering about people that everyone likes.

Anna Kendrick was the first one who popped into my head. Really likeable, a good actress, completely unproblematic - just really nice. But then there's also Jeff Goldblum who seems to be one of the nicest people who have ever lived. Here he is doing some shopping:-

The idea here, though, is that you can nominate other people who you think everyone likes but if only one person vetoes them then they don't make the list. Just like someone can veto my two nominations there. It would be good if you gave reasons though obviously.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first person who came to mind here was John Candy. I would be baffled to find out that somebody disliked him. There was such a warmth to his performances that he felt like a member of your own family. I think this is born out of his death being the first that I processed as a child. I had heard of people dying before but even at the age of 5, it felt like a punch of a gut to hear that he had died. Surely everybody loves him?

• Paid Members

I dislike Jeff Goldblum to the extent that I've muted his name on Twitter. I don't particularly rate him as an actor, but it's predomantly the meta fandom he cultivates on certain sections of Twitter.

Not international filmstar level, but Dale Winton for me. Seemed a great bloke.

• Moderators

I love Anna Kendrick so much. I almost collapsed when it was announced she was a part of Chris Morris's secret new film. Goldblum too is just a perfect human for me. This is my favourite 12 seconds in the world.

Conan himself is another one for me. You never hear a bad word against him, and his goodbye speech from the tonight show was so sweet and positive, I think about it frequently. Louis Theroux's another one who's surely universally loved. Even with downvoting gone, I doubt anyone would want to expose themselves as the kind of pedo who doesn't like him.

• Paid Members

So Kendrick and Goldblum are vetoed, shows you how much I know! (You horrible twats).

Brie Larson is great but I can guarantee someone will veto her. I'd be surprised if quite a few people didn't display anti-Theroux sentiments although I like him a lot. I've never heard a word against John Candy though.

• Paid Members

Here's Gianfranco Zola at 6am, the morning after being sacked, waking up to journos camped outside his front gate. Instead of hosing them and wishing ginger upon their children like a normal person would, he says "Hi-diddly-ho, journalinos!" and brings them out some coffee!

• Paid Members

I can't imagine how anyone could dislike Alice Cooper, he seems like the most affable, humble guy despite the fact that he's a total rock legend. He was mates with everyone from John Lennon, Frank Zappa and Brian Wilson but he'll happily appear on room 101 like a friendly old man. He still tours constantly in his 70s, and I've never heard a bad word said about him other than he likes golf too much.

• Paid Members

Zoe Saldana. Pretty, always good in her roles and seems to have her head on pretty straight.

id have gone with Chris Pratt pre 2017 when he became a massive Trump advocate and we realised his acting is always the same now days 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Well that sucks, I always thought he was apolitical.

No, he said that any musicians backing Democrats were committing treason against rock 'n roll. By and large he seems a decent sort but your nomination is dead!

Archived