Sign in to follow this  
Keith Houchen

Post An Unpopular Opinion

ModernĀ slang isĀ the most interesting area of the English language, full of creativity and wit. I include twitter slang. People who complain about developments in language do so from a position of insecurity and fear that the world is leaving them behind and that the modern world doesn't giveĀ a shit about the knowledge they hold dear.Ā 

6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

ModernĀ slang isĀ the most interesting area of the English language, full of creativity and wit. I include twitter slang. People who complain about developments in language do so from a position of insecurity and fear that the world is leaving them behind and that the modern world doesn't giveĀ a shit about the knowledge they hold dear.Ā 

I love it when people have a pop at young people using ā€œMade up wordsā€. Are they in for a shock when they find out about every single word.Ā 

Just now, Merzbow said:

I often sense a bit of racism behind their hatred, so much of it is towards Black English Vernacular.

and the music of Chas and Dave.Ā 

5 hours ago, gmoney said:

Yeah many of them are perfectly cromulent words

1 minute ago, Callum1993 said:

Yeah many of them are perfectly cromulent words

Agreed. I just wish people would stop trying to make Fetch a thing

15 minutes ago, gmoney said:

The Chevy Chase film?Ā 

those books seemingly cannot be turned into films