Sign in to follow this  
Keith Houchen

Post An Unpopular Opinion

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

This is a very bizarre cross examination.

The opinion you have of Mrs Brown’s Boys affects all other decisions in my eyes.

not you personally mind

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

I love Alan Partridge, but I really don't get on with the stuff he's done in recent years- Alpha Papa, Mid Morning Matters, Welcome to the Places of My Life.

That's interesting. I actually think its got better. I loved the book as well. One of the few things I have genuinely laughed out loud whilst reading.

What is your take on Mrs Brown's Boys?

It needs Eric Idle in it

36 minutes ago, Factotum said:

It needs Eric Idle in it

The correct answer is, it needs banning

5 hours ago, Factotum said:

That's interesting. I actually think its got better. I loved the book as well. One of the few things I have genuinely laughed out loud whilst reading 

Yeah, I'd say it's got better. I'm Alan Partridge hasn't aged too well. I think it's great how the character has been able to adapt and remain relevant with the times and I don't think it's in a particularly sell-out way.

On the other hand, David Brent went to shit.

But why does he look younger now?!?!

I was gobsmacked recently when I realised Steve Coogan was in his twenties when Knowing Me Knowing You first aired on tv.

Edited by PunkStep

The remake of Ghost in the Shell is far better than the original anime.

Almost scared to post this one....

The Tim Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is far superior to the original 

34 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Almost scared to post this one....

The Tim Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is far superior to the original 

I’m not sure that’s unpopular opinion.

Both of them are shit. Just depends whether you prefer Gene Wilder in a shit film, or Johnny Depp in a shit film.

The League of Gentleman used to be good but it's awful now.

Clarify please. Do you mean the 3 part special from last Christmas was awful, or that the 17 year old series has aged badly? I mean you're wrong either way but good to be sure of which you're wrong about.

6 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Clarify please. Do you mean the 3 part special from last Christmas was awful, or that the 17 year old series has aged badly? I mean you're wrong either way but good to be sure of which you're wrong about.

I mean only the first series was good (and it was very good to be fair). I remember the series going downhill fast after that and I didn’t like the film at the time either. I also saw the first episode from the latest series and didn’t see any improvement. The series stopped entertaining me and didn’t make me laugh anymore.