Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

LIke all sketch comedy they had more misses then hits, but when it was good, it was very very good

Nah, all a lot of silly nonsense to me. Odd as with Life Of Brian and Holy Grail they made 2 absolutely brilliant films. I also like them all individually, Palin being the best obviously.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Nah, all a lot of silly nonsense to me. Odd as with Life Of Brian and Holy Grail they made 2 absolutely brilliant films. I also like them all individually, Palin being the best obviously.

Dead Parrot? The Yorkshireman? Silly Walks? That's just off the top of my head

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Even if you think the TV work is shoddy, Life Of Brian being the best comedy movie ever made overrides that opinion.

Life Of Brian being the best comedy movie ever made overrides that opinion.

Hence why i said 'bar 2 films' The TV series is shite to me as is the other films they did. It's an unpopular opinion (hence why its here) but I stick by it.

Dead Parrot? The Yorkshireman? Silly Walks?

Does nothing for me. I just don't find it funny at all. Fair play you do.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't really get Alan Partridge. Only like Citizen Khan.

I love Alan Partridge, but I really don't get on with the stuff he's done in recent years- Alpha Papa, Mid Morning Matters, Welcome to the Places of My Life.

It could be the absence of Ianucci writing, it could be the lack of a laugh track, it could be Tim Key stinking up the place by being dull and shit- but I think the main reason is because he looks younger than he did in I'm Alan Partridge and his voice isn't 'Partridge' enough. He no longer looks like Alan Partridge, he just looks and sounds like Steve Coogan. Or specifically, Steve Coogan playing Tony Wilson in 24 Hour Party People (which is a film I love, but he isn't Alan Partridge).