Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Awards Moderator
On 9/20/2018 at 9:54 AM, Gus Mears said:

I loved Lego Batman. That's about the most fun I've had in the cinema since Muppets: Most Wanted (the only thing Ricky Gervais has been good in since Extras).

Whoa whoa whoa. How has this post been allowed to get past unchallenged? Gervais destroyed that film and single-handedly killed all goodwill towards the Muppets that the excellent first film built up. Dreadful in every single way and indefensible as far as I’m concerned.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Peanut butter is fucking disgusting and only good for laying bricks.

Depends what kind of peanut butter. If it's the natural stuff then you're in the right place, but if it's that Sun Pat shite then I'd think that's a widely held opinion.

The film Get Out (aptly named) is a big load of wanky poo. Neither funny nor scary, and just an excuse for Guardian readers to pat themselves on the back at a gentle tweaking of their foibles. About as satirically challenging as Society's sledgehammer approach to capitalism, but at least that had some great gore. 

Edited by Brewster McCloud

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

The film Get Out (aptly named) is a big load of wanky poo. Neither funny nor scary, and just an excuse for Guardian readers to pat themselves on the back at a gentle tweaking of their foibles. About as satirically challenging as Society's sledgehammer approach to capitalism, but at least that had some great gore. 

Fuck off Quagmire.

I thought Get Out was over-rated too. Having said that, my friend was selling it to me as "it has 99% on Rotten Tomatoes!" As far as I'm aware, that percentage doesn't tell me that much as either it means 99% of reviewers had given it a positive review (but that doesn't take into account a scale of how positive) or there's 1% fault in it which obviously is silly.

So yeah, maybe Rotten Tomatoes can go in Trivial Things That Annoy You.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah, he's pretty much run it into the ground. That said, it's probably because it is basically one gag, and it only ever had a certain shelf-life. Not sure where the guy could take it from there. But he's openly said he mainly did it to help deal with his depression, so if it works for him, fair play, I guess.