• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Couple of Europa League shocks tonight, both Zenit and Feyenoord got dicked 4-0 by Dinamo Minsk and Trencin of Slovakia respectively. Zenit seemed to leave a couple of players out but Feyenoord not so much. Both second legs should be fun though.

• Paid Members

Dutch football really has gone to shit hasn't it, it's such a shame. The Eredivisie is ranked so low in UEFA coefficient compared to years ago. The thing is, I don't even think this is a blip- I can't see them coming close to the likes of Turkish or Russian teams for the foreseeable future.

• Paid Members

It's still one of the more entertaining leagues around but its fortunes are rather mirroring the fortunes of the national side currently. Watched the first half of Vitesse vs Basel tonight and Vitesse were crap as well.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Dutch football really has gone to shit hasn't it, it's such a shame. The Eredivisie is ranked so low in UEFA coefficient compared to years ago. The thing is, I don't even think this is a blip- I can't see them coming close to the likes of Turkish or Russian teams for the foreseeable future.

I do love signing a centre a back from Ajax though. Always works well for us.

Tomorrow night at 9pm on Sky I have the choice of watching either a La Liga or an MLS game. I kind of want to (and have in the past - go Timbers!) get into watching MLS, so will probably go with that.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

MLS has been hugely entertaining the last couple of seasons. I actually catch the odd game from the next level down (the USL) on YouTube over the weekends and that's an entertaining league as well. Mostly feeder teams and reserve teams to the MLS sides but you get a few recognisable names playing in there - Joe Cole probably being the most notable.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Worth noting that many leagues around the world stream on betting sites like bet365. If you have a touchscreen laptop, you can watch those games full screen now by just zooming in. Nobody needs Eleven Sports.

• Paid Members

This is amazing. 96th minute, Rooney chases a player who is running in on his empty goal, tackles him, takes the ball forward, sticks it into the far post and a bloke heads it in for his hat-trick. DC United are bottom of one of the "conferences" but with a load of games in hand. They need to win them which is why they're sending their keeper up at 2-2 two thirds of the way through the season!

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1028827728298954752