Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

Of course UEFA are to blame but the club should be supporting its employee. Imagine if a black player is advised not to travel to a game, or if a player comes out as gay before the Qatar World Cup? 

The authorities should never have had a showpiece event in a place where safety isn’t guaranteed, 100% agree. But it would be nice to use this scenario to make a stand against the way sponsors and their money take precedence over safety. 

I agree that the response from Arsenal should be more robust, especially given a number of our support is being denied entry due to Armenian heritage. Boycotting the game would be a huge step, probably resulting in some sort of ban from UEFA. I understand the clubs reluctance.Also I'm sure Mihki would want his mates to go out there and win it.

However, Arsenal should refuse to partake in any activities around the final press etc. anything that promotes the final. If we do win it, i would hope the Arsenal players will make their feelings know.

Anyway, it is utterly farcical that is being played in a country where this could happen. He didn't go early in the competition so they have known for some time. Coupled with the incredibly low ticket sales given the travel situation, this has been an utter shambles.

Arsenal are certainly are getting their excuses in early.

Petr Cech coming back where he belongs...thingy from Armenia not being allowed into Whogivesafuckastan or wherever the final is. 

The only real way to settle it now is a bare chested knife fight between Gus Caesar and John Bumstead. 

Cech absolutely shouldn't play in the final. Not because of the fact he's just agreed to a new job at Chelsea (although partly because of that), but mainly because he's going to try and play out from the back and end up Marseille pirouette-ing the fucking ball into his own net.

Probably the wrong thread but a bar near me has a "1 deck DJ" night on a Wednesday.  Previous attractions have included Steve Davis and Maxine Peake, but tonight?

IMG_0019

EDIT - He brought CDs, not vinyl!

Edited by Keith Houchen

Hey Keith, I read this post as I was winding down for bed and now I'm in the pub with Pat! The magic of the UKFF! 😂

Not sure if there's any fans here of football documentaries, but this is worth a watch if you have a spare 30 minutes. Synopsis and link below;

Motherwell FC: We Own the Future

"The film looks at a club doing things differently and fighting against the current climate of wealthy investors and making the bold jump of placing the fans and the local community as owners of their own club, through the supporter body 'The Well Society' who have a majority shareholding.

"It aims to ask the question of what a modern football club is there for, who it belongs to and what purpose it can serve in a time of social and economic turbulence in towns and cities across the UK."

Link here.

Just watched the Utd legends vs the Bayern Munich legends- Becks still has it doesn’t he , probably the best number 7 since Ronaldo 😂 shows how far we have fallen 

I saw the clip doing the rounds of him and Scholes pinging a couple of calls against each other, terrific stuff. As thousands of others have said, that was the best crossing in a United shirt for about 10 years.

Just watched the highlights of that game and Youtube and loved it. Usually with stuff like this, or testimonials or what have you it's a good-natured laugh which usually ends up about 6-5 or 4-4 or something similar.

Instead, here you get Jaap Stam flattening about 3 players on the bounce without batting an eyelid, Neville missing 6 sitters and United pumping Bayern 5-0. Neville's unintentional backheel for Scholes' offside goal is also the best thing I've seen this week.

Edited by AdamTH17

Good to see that Scholes has been working on his tackling...

The commentary on the Beckham goal and afterwards was fucking pathetic. “He knows where the limelight is”, something about Hollywood, “David Peter Pan Beckham”, fuck off. So patronising.