PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Aston Villa are one game from being back in the Premier League :(

Let's hope Derby or Bielsa do the job then. This half of the draw was always going to be the 'of, fuck off' side. West Brom and Villa- nah you're alright thanks.

Frank Lampard's Derby County vs. John Terry's Aston Villa is a dream playoff final as far as I'm concerned. Quite happily would send both up and bin off Brighton. 

Im a WBA fan, im glad in some ways we didnt go up, we dont deserve it and aint got the funds to stay up anyhow, i thought that Derby stood the best chance before a ball was kicked, and i still do 

16 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Let's hope Derby or Bielsa do the job then. This half of the draw was always going to be the 'of, fuck off' side. West Brom and Villa- nah you're alright thanks.

That would involve Leeds going up and nobody in the right mind wants that.

Sure I said this last year but Villa are a different side to the one that spent the last few years playing for nil-nils in the Premier League. They've had a massive turn over in players, which the Championship forces, and play some lovely football through midfield. They've got a few who aren't good enough to go up with them and two important players only on loan but they'll give it a good go. When the other choices are Leeds and Frank Lampard's Derby County - Up the Villa.

Can I request Derby sack Lampard and employ Bielsa immidiately so we can have the best possible outcome.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Can I request Frank Lampard's Derby sack Lampard and employ Bielsa immidiately so we can have the best possible outcome.

29 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Can I request Derby sack Super Frank Super Goals Lampard and employ Bielsa immidiately so we can have the best possible outcome.

1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Frank Lampard's Derby County vs. John Terry's Aston Villa is a dream playoff final as far as I'm concerned. Quite happily would send both up and bin off Brighton. 

*England's Brave John Terry's Aston Villa

Besides the fact that Leeds choked it again in hilarious fashion, that game was absolutely bananas. What a fortnight to follow football.

This has been one of the best fortnights of football in years, and I'm not even counting Norwich's exploits in that. Also, I'm sure no club in the Championships is squeaky clean, but Leeds' collapse in the second half of the season in the wake of spygate is just beautiful. I don't think I could have lived in world where Liverpool won the Premier League and Leeds achieved promotion back to it in the same season.