Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Re : Spurs not signing anyone - giving Moura starts when he hardly featured tail end of last season was better than anyone we could have gone out and bought. He has been really important this season at key points - unbelievable in the win at Old Trafford (I was there) with the 2nd and 3rd goals, a hat trick against Huddersfield the other week when half the team was rested for the City 2nd leg (and one win has been the margin by which we can finish 4th), and of course, being THE difference against Ajax. Lamela getting back to fitness was also crucial early in the season and like a new signing after missing most of 17-18, he was our most frequent scorer for 5/6 weeks or so including some really important ones... before inevitably getting injured again.

We've coped. Limped over the line as we have, it's a massive achievement.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Assuming he's at the very least half decent, and that it's Man U knocking on the door, why would Swansea be letting him go for that much? Don't they know how easy it is to pull Ed Woodward's pants down? 

He's only got a year left so they need to sell and obviously have the mindset we did when we gave away Maguire and Robertson.

Also don't forget he nearly went to Leeds for half that in January.

Edited by tiger_rick

9 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If Spurs won the Champions League after spending no money at all, that's going to be some story for the next few years.

Well, they did spend money. I'm sure they signed a fair few players to new contracts, and they won't be getting paid fuck all. They also spent over £100 million the season before, didn't they? So it's hardly Partizan Belgrade making the final or something, is it?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Have you seen the state of how much of a pain it appears to be to get to Baku from the UK? That's not going to be fun for the fans. 

UEFA have sorted that problem out already. They are not giving the teams any tickets. 

• Paid Members

Mino Raiola getting banned from football activity is going to make the the transfer window interesting. 

Due to England having their stupid deadline earlier than everywhere else, no Raiola player can make their way here. de Ligt looks set for Barcelona then. 

Pogba and Lukaku could move, but it will be quite late in the window, and after their replacements would have been bought. Quite the financial gamble. 

Surely all his players who want to transfer will have rights to void their contracts with him which he will no doubt suspiciously not dispute. 

Look at Wolves, none of their player's have ties to Mendes do they, he's just a consultant.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Exactly. They'll find a way around it. Not that I think De Ligt will move to the Premier League nor will Pogba leave United anyway. Lukaku on the other hand could move, and I wouldn't cry if Mkhi left us.

The only player I want gone is Mustafi. Don't care if we don't replace him. No defender is better than one Mustafi. 

I have no quarms if Mikhi, Xaka and Ozil leave (the latter purely for financial purposes) as long as we replace them with better. 

Having Bellerin and Holding back next season will help towards our defensive issues (they'll be like new signings lolz), and adding a decent defender to the mix will hopefully help. Just stick Kos on a legends contract so he only comes in for the big games. 

If he gets the backing he needs, it's a big season for Emery next season. Unfortunately I'm not confident on the backing. 

Edited by Steve Justice