Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

As a casual enough 'Pool fan (it's been a family disease for decades) I've always had a certain kinship for Spurs fans whilst our respective flash bastard rivals were teasing trophy droughts for years. So this You'll Never Win Anything final is great craic altogether. I feel far safer with a Spurs final than I would have with Ajax, who would have nicked our Cinderella Story gimmick which invariably would have filled me with more dread on the night. 

• Paid Members

Hang on, it IS through Zavvi. Apparently the company entered it on bahalf of us all. I'm not going to the Champions League!

I've also seen a few scams being mentioned, so watch out for those if anyone gets an email talking about tickets and travel. Apparently they give you the rundown of what you've won, and then tell you that all they need is your bank and passport details to place a "security deposit" on the five star hotel, which is refunded after the event.

• Paid Members

Is this not similar to the allocations for the FA Cup final?

• Paid Members

The allocation stuff is shocking, sadly it's commonplace for big finals nowadays. Far too many corporate tickets are allocated and yes I get that they probably get more money from them, but it's a fucking final. For some teams it's a once in a lifetime experience, so as many of the fans as possible should have the opportunity to attend. That's why you always get the empty seats facing the hardcam at the beginning of each half at Wembley matches, that's where a lot of the corporate seats are so when the match kicks off they're still stuffing their greedy fucking faces with poncey Club Wembley pies in the bar and arranging extra marital activities with their secretary after the match.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is this not similar to the allocations for the FA Cup final?

It's worse than FA Cup- Watford and City have 28,000 tickets each but that's even shit when you consider there will be 90,000 at the FA Cup final

1 hour ago, David said:

Not sure how much validity there is to this, as it's been doing the rounds on social media with a vague claim that it was published on the BBC site?

So, both Liverpool and Spurs fans combined will make up less than 50% of the people in the stadium come game day?

I'd love to say that I'm shocked and find this appalling, but it actually fits in nicely with the ethos of the Champions League, where the fans are an afterthought to the berks in suits and the money.

This has been confirmed. Some of them are even “restricted view”. Absolute madness.

7 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Can't wait to get stiffed in the ballot after being allocated a ticket last year and not being able to afford flights to Kiev :)

Didn't the flights go tits up for loads of people last year, as well? I recall news stories about the mayor of Liverpool out and about trying to find aeroplanes.