Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

6 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

If Man City win the FA Cup the Europa League spot goes to 7th place. If Watford win then they will get the spot. 

Pretty much, but i think it's complicated by if an English team win the CL or the El or both but finish outside the top 4 or top 6. Stupidly complicated but somehow it could end up with 5 teams in the Cl and 2 in the EL, those 2 teams in the EL would be either 4th and 5th place or 5th and 6th.

So if City win the FA cup then 7th should get Europe but there's an outside chance it doesn't, unless i've got it horribly wrong.

• Paid Members

Pretty gutted for Wolves there, I thought they would have stood a much better chance of beating City in the final than Watford do. Horrible way to lose a match, but huge credit to Watford for the comeback- what a fucking beautiful finish that was from Deulofeu to get them back into the game.

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

This paragraph was my favourite - 

"If a season ever occurred when English teams won the Champions League and Europa League - and neither of them qualified for Europe through the league - there would be NINE Premier League teams in Europe (five in the Champions League and four in the Europa League)."

Will never happen in a million years obviously but part of me wants to see that now just for the sheer carnage it would cause. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I presume they changed that rule about the beaten Cup finalists qualifying for Europe after the likes of Millwall started getting a taste of the UEFA Cup. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I presume they changed that rule about the beaten Cup finalists qualifying for Europe after the likes of Millwall started getting a taste of the UEFA Cup. 

It would be dragging down the Co-Efficients too. Reason why Scotland stopped giving the beaten Scottish Cup Finalists or League Cup Winners a place. Probably started around the time Gretna were humped by somebody. Might have been Derry City.

Edited by bAzTNM#1