Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

You don't get these mad keepers who'll try and knock in free-kicks and play as a glorifed central midfielder anymore. I miss those days.

Yeah you do. Few of them knocking around South American leagues, a couple in Asia too.

Surely we can't get through a whole season being this jammy and not win the league? Absolutely huge result. Hopefully we go on another run of performances like we did after beating Everton earlier on in the year.

Is there a worse celebrity fan than Rod Stewart? Whatever the porridge wog version of a prawn sandwich fan is. That mugging for the camera cunt is it. 

Its a deep fried prawn sandwich, isn’t it?

In fairness, he turns up for Celtic games whenever he can and isn't just a part-timer for the telly like you see at cup finals etc. No doubt he loves the attention, but I'll let him off with it for his hilarious participation in the Scottish Cup draw a few years ago.

11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is there a worse celebrity fan than Rod Stewart? Whatever the porridge wog version of a prawn sandwich fan is. That mugging for the camera cunt is it. 

He angers Rangers fans though, so he gets a pass.

14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah, it's Uri Geller. He singlehandedly made Exeter a national laughing stock by wearing a City shirt on I'm A Celeb and sending birthday thoughts and vibes to Michael Jackson on the wrong day, then got David Blaine, Jackson and the fella who played Darth Vader on board as associate directors, and then there's this:

Taken from the BBC website (it's the last line of the report) - at least Rod Stewart hasn't cost anyone points in a relegation battle that I know of...:

Exeter City's new co-chairman Uri Geller has promised not to use his paranormal powers to influence events on the pitch.

Geller, who is famous for his cutlery-bending exploits, recently took charge of the club as part of a consortium.

"Whilst I advocate a positive work ethic and optimistic outlook, I will absolutely refrain from using any form of paranormal activity," Geller told the club's website.

He will leave the playing side of the club completely in the hands of manager John Cornforth.

Geller said that if Cornforth agreed, he might "perhaps pop down to the dressing room just to give the team a boost".

"In recent years I have ebbed away from the spoon-bending, preferring to focus on more important issues, amongst them self-help, self-belief, motivation and inspiration," Geller said.

Geller has been quite active lately in seeking to influence events in the football world.

In April he went on TV to persuade the nation to use willpower and help heal England captain David Beckham's broken left foot in time for the World Cup.

Geller urged viewers to touch an image of Beckham's foot on the screen and imagine the bone knitting.

In December, Geller claimed he had helped Newcastle United to break their London jinx.

The team had gone 29 games without a win in the capital before they beat Arsenal 3-1.

Geller arrived late at the match to find Newcastle trailing.

"The moment I touched the Highbury stadium, Arsenal player Ray Parlour was sent off," Geller said.

He then ran around the ground to create psychic energy. Newcastle went on to win an unexpected victory.

Geller, who lives in Berkshire, supported Reading in the past. In April, the Division Two club had to avoid defeat in their final match of the season away to Brentford to clinch promotion.

So Geller appeared on the front page of the Reading Evening Post, urging fans to look in his eyes and say "Win, Reading, win!"

Reading got the point they needed to go up. But manager Alan Pardew was unimpressed by Geller's intervention.

"I was amazed that he could try to get on the back of our success," Pardew told Reading's official website.

"As soon as we get a bit of joy, thanks to all the hard work and efforts of my staff and players, he suddenly comes out of the blue and tries to claim the limelight."

Geller did once try to help Exeter win a crucial end of season Division Three game against Chester City, in April 1997.

He placed energy-infused crystals behind the goals at Exeter's St James's Park ground. But Exeter still lost 5-1 - and only results elsewhere saved the club from relegation.

• Paid Members

Raul Jimenez looks to be making his loan a permanent for Wolves. He's been absolutely amazing this season,  especially since we moved to a front two. So glad we have signed him up, £25m rising to £30m if rumours are true. Worth every penny. 

He's apparently top mates with Sin Cara which has culminated in this wonderment this year:

1356390194.jpg

Edited by Teedy Kay

So, with the recent talk about Pep's contract at City, what are the thoughts on this New York City FC connection? Is it right enough that the man himself requested a clause in his deal that if he should choose to leave Manchester City he'd be given the opportunity to manage in MLS with NYCFC?

Wouldn't surprise me if that's his next move to be honest.