PowerButchi

Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

We've been dicked with the same 'oh actually you will have to play your 2nd leg away' ruling as United have, for the same reason (Chelsea also drawn at home for 2nd leg and finished higher than us last season).

What a nonsense. It's not unusual for Arsenal and Chelsea to both play home games on the same day at the same time. We're nowhere bloody near each other, London is fucking massive.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I can't believe AdamTH17 got them wrong!

I'd be fine with a Juve/Barca final on the basis that Barca win.

I'm stunned, mate. Back to the drawing board for me. Paul the Octopus, I am not.

Pleased with that draw. Although we battered them away last year, they still looked solid enough defensively when they came to Anfield, so won't be the walk in the park a few of our fans have seemed to conjure up. City having to play Spurs 3 times on the bounce is a nice little bonus for us as well.

Not shifting from my pick of Juventus winning the whole thing though. I'd have said they were strong favourites before adding Ronaldo to their team, and just don't see them being beaten.

If Juve win, then Ronaldo equals Seedorf's record of three CLs with three different clubs in three different countries. If that happens, wonder if he'd then jump to PSG for both a huge payday and an attempt to break the record.

I look forward to seeing Utd getting massacred and the neutrals favourites marching into the semi’s. 

Any updates when the rodent is back for Utd? I miss that little rascal.

You might be interested in this article. Although he considers himself a footballer on the pitch, he considers himself an influencer off of it.

And you can't argue with that, he's probably the best ambassador English football has for the current generation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/14/jesse-lingard-life-outside-game-class-footballer-maybe-influencer/

9 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Any updates when the rodent is back for Utd? I miss that little rascal.

The rodent will be back at Old Trafford for the away leg, if he can keep from biting or racially abusing anyone in the meantime.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

If Juve win, then Ronaldo equals Seedorf's record of three CLs with three different clubs in three different countries. If that happens, wonder if he'd then jump to PSG for both a huge payday and an attempt to break the record.

Does anyone really care about that kind of record? Not trying to be mean, it's just it doesn't really mean anything beyond being an answer to a quiz question. Maldini won 5 at Milan IIRC. I'd say that was more of an achievement, generally. 

25 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Does anyone really care about that kind of record?

Ronaldo probably does

51 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Does anyone really care about that kind of record? Not trying to be mean, it's just it doesn't really mean anything beyond being an answer to a quiz question. Maldini won 5 at Milan IIRC. I'd say that was more of an achievement, generally. 

I just get the overall impression that he's quite driven, and also a bit insecure that he's perceived as the lesser of him and Messi. He was already massively successful years ago, and yet still seems hungry for more success.

10 hours ago, Murtz said:

United are going to be home first because of the local authorities not wanting City and United to play at home in the same week. City get priority over United because of last years league position. Annoying.

I'm assuming the same rule applies for the Semi Final? In which case if both Manchester clubs get through then as it stands they play home leg first so who would get the switch?

6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

You might be interested in this article. Although he considers himself a footballer on the pitch, he considers himself an influencer off of it.

And you can't argue with that, he's probably the best ambassador English football has for the current generation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/14/jesse-lingard-life-outside-game-class-footballer-maybe-influencer/

I look at players like Trent AA and Robertson, they are inspirational young players British kids should look up to, work their arse off and leave it on the pitch every week.

They donr stop playing as they dont like the manager like Lingard did for Utd under Jose. 

This sums that muppet Lingard up..,..

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/jesse-lingard-apologises-for-tweet-sent-just-after-munich-air-disaster-minutes-silence-11239498

From that very article:

The United midfielder was at Old Trafford for the memorial service and has blamed the tweet on a member of his media team.

32 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

I look at players like Trent AA and Robertson, they are inspirational young players British kids should look up to, work their arse off and leave it on the pitch every week.

They donr stop playing as they dont like the manager like Lingard did for Utd under Jose. 

This sums that muppet Lingard up..,..

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/jesse-lingard-apologises-for-tweet-sent-just-after-munich-air-disaster-minutes-silence-11239498

Image result for lingard gif