Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I think it's potentially a very good match. The Ulster David Brent is clearly a talented manager and Leicester seems the right level for him. He's too good for the SPL that's for sure.

Would much rather see somebody attack minded like him back in the Premier League than the likes of Big Sam (who naturally declared interest in the role this week).

I think James Maddison could really benefit from having a manager like Rodgers.

Edited by PunkStep

25 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He's too good for the SPL that's for sure.

To be fair, he's spent his time in Scotland "competing" mostly with sides against which he enjoys a gap that is wider than that between Celtic and PSG. Even the financial gap between Celtic and Rangers is double at the very least apparently.

His predecessor was a bit of a numpty and even he managed to win a league title and a double in the two years he was there. 

It'll be interesting to see how he fares against sides on a similar financial footing, against managers who are equally talented, because whenever he did that at Celtic in Europe he didn't really do so well. You're right though, Leicester is his level, despite there being chat up in Scotland that he was good enough for the Arsenal job.

Edited by David

Leicester is a great fit for him. Great group of youngsters for him to spin bullshit to and the expectations aren't high. I agree he is a talented manager but the Champions League run at Liverpool (out at the group stages) was pathetic and he never got his mojo back after Chelsea and Palace put the kibosh on our league challenge.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Leicester have clearly invested in Rodgers to try to recapture European football again. The irony is that if he's successful in delivering that, it's probably what will get him sacked as he has proven time and time again at Liverpool and Celtic that he could not organise a piss up in a brewery on the continental stage.

To be fair Leicester won't be arsed about piss poor Europa performances as the very act of qualification will be a great achievement for them. I think they'll be happy with solid league showings and playing in a more attractive fashion that will get them some big transfer fees for the players they develop.

• Paid Members

He must be licking his lips at their squad. Their midfield and wide forwards are a fantastic group of young players- Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes and Gray.

Oh, Kepa dropped for tonight's game. Lol

Edited by PunkStep

4 hours ago, mim731 said:

As an Arsenal fan, I am more concerned this will motivate Spurs to be extra fired up and absolutely destroy us on Saturday. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

This rarely happens so don’t worry...

Ive never wanted to not go to a NLD before but I am dreading it. I hate them anyway but I already feel sick about it. I love being a typical self loathing Spurs fan...

• Paid Members

Draw in the Spurs/Arsenal game is probably the best result for United.. the top 4 race is looking very tight now.

Probably the best I've seen Arsenal in a big away game for a while.. shame the strikers didn't have their shooting boots on.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Draw in the Spurs/Arsenal game is probably the best result for United.. the top 4 race is looking very tight now.

Confirmed - we are now Arsenal.