Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

They were honest about it...well at the beginning at least. The years of bullshit and bragging of cash reserves available at Arsenal started to come along, I think, around 08/09 onwards. At least back then they were singing from the same hymn sheet rather than Levy claiming the stadium won't affect the ability to sign players, Poch saying they need to be bold and then no new incoming players across two transfer windows.

I do completely agree with Levy not signing a striker in the January window though, despite the fans calling for one- that really would've been a silly knee-jerk reactive thing to do. Who could they have realistically brought in that would definitely be an improvement on Llorente (who isn't a donkey, and has now scored a couple of goals recently), would be happy to be shafted as soon as Son & Kane returned (Son is back already as well) and wouldn't cost the club a hefty salary? If they were top of the league, and they were in a very strong position to win the league with little challenge, perhaps it might be a different story.

• Paid Members

It's been confirmed in the last few minutes that the body found on the plane was Sala's. RIP.

• Paid Members

Think that's us well on the way to promotion now after seeing off Ipswich. Ten years unbeaten in the derby, can't knock it. 

That said, I genuinely hope they stay up. I'd love to see both teams prosper - an East Anglian derby in the Prem again one day would be superb. Also, I know it's fashionable to hate on your old manager who's gone to a rival time, but I'll never stop loving Paul Lambert. His three years in charge here were absolutely off the scale. I can't help but wish him well and hopefully he turns it around for them, and both himself and Ipswich can finally get back on track. 

• Paid Members

Aaron Ramsey has signed a pre-contract with Juve, where he'll earn £400k a week.

FOUR.HUNDRED.GRAND.

Bloody hell. Highest paid British player of all-time, and I think this puts him joint 4th highest paid player in the world behind Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar (joint with Oscar!). No wonder we walked away from a contract extension with him. Fair play to him, his agent has done him well.

Still laughing at the Bournemouth drubbing. 

Fairplay to City though, they'll be the highest scoring second place team in history come May*, both on points and goals.

*come end of May they'll probably be the highest scoring points and goals champions after they win the league on goal difference.

• Paid Members

Like the back-to-back buttfuckings from Bournemouth and Watford last year, the last two away games have probably turned me. Sarri seems to be happy to take defeats like these regularly until he gets his singular vision of football up and running and it's embarrassing. How can you just stand by and let yesterday unfold without doing anything? Unacceptable. If we could get back to attacking like we were earlier on in the season, blooding youth or showing forms of progression I'd get back onside. He's got HIS man up top (and I think he looks pretty sharp), no more excuses.

I'd give him the cup final, hope we win and it galvanizes the season but beyond that no guarantees. We threw away Champions League football last season sticking with Conte and hoping that time would magically make his Plan A start working again, we can't do it again. And that was with Conte having title-winning credit earned (I'd still have sacked him before Barca. He wanted out).

On the bright side, everyone associated with Liverpool were cheering on Chelsea yesterday. Burn!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Think that's us well on the way to promotion now after seeing off Ipswich. Ten years unbeaten in the derby, can't knock it. 

That said, I genuinely hope they stay up. I'd love to see both teams prosper - an East Anglian derby in the Prem again one day would be superb. Also, I know it's fashionable to hate on your old manager who's gone to a rival time, but I'll never stop loving Paul Lambert. His three years in charge here were absolutely off the scale. I can't help but wish him well and hopefully he turns it around for them, and both himself and Ipswich can finally get back on track. 

Honestly I kinda hope we just go down. Get it over and done with and re-group. I know we could end up sinking further but 18 years of Championship mediocrity is killing the club.

I

• Paid Members

Well, that was grim. PSG looked comfortable all night, which is the biggest disappointment; United couldn't get anything going. The ref was horrible too. It was a very tame game, but he somehow whipped out all those bookings and, of course, decided to send off Pogba. It's a big month for Ole and I'll be all sad if it starts to go tits up for him.

Hopefully Martial isn't proper knackered because I have zero trust in Sanchez being anything more than an expensive flop.

• Paid Members

Frustrating night for United, things could have been different- the first half was pretty even. Losing the pace of Martial and Jesse before half time and having to replace them with Mata and Sanchez was disastrous and the lad that scored their first shouldn't have been on the pitch. PSG looked pretty comfortable once they went ahead.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Losing the pace of Martial and Jesse before half time and having to replace them with Mata and Sanchez was disastrous

Aye. Given the way Ole likes to play, Mata is probably always going to struggle to help the game plan, particularly at this level, but Sanchez looks absolutely shot. I doubt he'll get any better and is looking like one of the biggest flops in the clubs history (maybe the biggest, all things considered). Been quite incredible how sharp his decline has been.