Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Buried amongst the striker merry-go-round in the transfer window at the moment (involving Morata, Higuain, Piatek) comes my favourite bit of transfer news. Kevin Prince Boateng is apparently on his way to Barca! They'd do well to drop that bitey racist and have The Prince - who seems to have rediscovered himself as a striker - banging them in for the Catalan boats.

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Buried amongst the striker merry-go-round in the transfer window at the moment (involving Morata, Higuain, Piatek) comes my favourite bit of transfer news. Kevin Prince Boateng is apparently on his way to Barca! They'd do well to drop that bitey racist and have The Prince - who seems to have rediscovered himself as a striker - banging them in for the Catalan boats.

What is it with ex shit Spurs players becoming ‘world beaters’ and ending up at Barcelona? Yeah I’m looking at you PAULINHO

• Paid Members

That was weird, because a year later he went back to China again (on loan). We was ace at Barca last season.

Our head of recruitment Sven Mislintat, the former Dortmund guy that brought Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Sokratis, Torreira, Leno, Guendouzi and Mavrapanos to the club, is leaving next month. Apparently we've kind of pushed him out and when a Technical Director role opened up and he was expected to get it, we offered it to invincible Edu instead- who subsequently turned it down. What a shower of shite.

As much as losing to us must sting, Chelsea fans on Twitter raging against Sarri is unbelievable. As with most football fans these days, their attacks on Sarri & Jorginho in particular are as poisonous as you'd expect. What are Chelsea fans thoughts on Sarri? As with most managers he needs time, and although they're not in the title hunt they're still in the top 4 at the moment.

• Paid Members

He's doing a fine job, people are just impatient. Demanding much better than 4th (and hardly being out of sight for 3rd) and still being in all competitions at this point in a manager's first season, while RADICALLY overhauling the playing style of the 5th place team he took over in the summer without anything approaching a proper pre-season is pure idiocy. He's outperforming Pep at the equivalent point of his first City season, for perspective.

The last month's been turgid and mistakes have been made, but it's been done trying to find a solution to a strikers problem that Sarri had nothing to do with creating. I firmly believe there's been two Chelsea's this season, the one with Morata up top that generally looks great, creates chances for fun and was only a striker who could finish away from being a top team in the attacking phase (for all Morata's faults his movement is excellent) and playing through teams. Then there's the false 9/Giroud options that causes more problems than it solves, killing creativity either directly by having Hazard struggle up-front, or by forcing him and Pedro/Willian to have to play off of Giroud in front of teams.

If Higuain can get on the end of as many chances as Morata (and with Hazard back on the left they will come), and actually finish a decent portion of them we'll be laughing.

@PunkStep Small aircrafts like the Piper Malibu that Sala was on does not have the flight tracking capabilities as a commercial airliner. I have no experience with that paticular plane but I have had lessons in a Cesna which is essentially a Mini Cooper with wings and a propeller. It had basic technology of a communications radio, GPS and radar beacon.

What I am surprised at is that these small planes normally only travel over bodies of water in daylight as you can only rely on GPS and compass as reference points. 

It is a tragic situation and to have two air accidents in the space of three months affecting British football is heartbreaking.

• Paid Members

Dreadful situation. Can't say I know what they went through but have had a bad experience.

I used to work with a guy that flew. We were going down to that London for a couple of training courses so he asked me if I fancied flying in his plane. Being game for most things, I said yes. First course was fine apart from a little trip through restricted air space over London that got him a bollocking. On the second trip, he started to look seriously white over Derbyshire and started to radio through that we weren't climbing and something was wrong. Only time in my life I genuinely thought I was going to die. I tried to keep calm but he looked scared to death and inside, I wasn't much better. With some help, it was worked out that when he did his pre-flight checks, he'd not turned both engines back on.

On the way back, we couldn't land at the small airfield due to a major storm and got diverted to Humberside airport. We then had to fly round in circles as a diverted commercial flight from Newcastle was taking precedence. Watching the fuel gauge go down and down and down while awaiting the go ahead to land was almost as terrifying.

Didn't go up with him again.