Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

So what if he was selling comp tickets on the side?  Perks of the job, innit?  His co pundit today was Robbie Mustoe and he was trying to Garth his way through his punditry.  You have to put up with Lee Dixon on co commentary but just like the Super Bowl, the halftime show is where it's at.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Funny how shit we all thought this United team were a few weeks back

Did we? I thought we all mostly agreed that these players were vastly underperforming under Jose's turgid style. This run is exactly what these group of players are capable of, and they're playing with so much freedom. Ole might be a bit of a Di Matteo at Chelsea- just letting them get on with it and hope for the best.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Did we? I thought we all mostly agreed that these players were vastly underperforming under Jose's turgid style. This run is exactly what these group of players are capable of, and they're playing with so much freedom. Ole might be a bit of a Di Matteo at Chelsea- just letting them get on with it and hope for the best.

That was sort of my point. I too was a big critic of Mourinho on here and saw him as a massive negative, but Ole has come in and done the job with players on a run of some questionable form and, at the time, quality. It's only further highlighted how outdated and toxic Mourinho had become.

I think 1st half showed the players are really responding to Ole/Phelan. Tactically, it showed a lot more than "hope for the best". Granted, Spurs adapted and should have really got a point, but here we are.

12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

So what if he was selling comp tickets on the side?  Perks of the job, innit?  His co pundit today was Robbie Mustoe and he was trying to Garth his way through his punditry.  You have to put up with Lee Dixon on co commentary but just like the Super Bowl, the halftime show is where it's at.

Does "gorgeous" Kyle Martino still show up sometimes? Fox's panel of Warren Barton, Eric Wynalda and occasionally Alexi Lalas, anchored by big wrestling fan Rob Stone, was outstanding. Much more Authentic American/Peter Gabriel "Big Time". NBC are subdued in comparison. Plus, Graeme Le Saux 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• Paid Members

Alexi Lalas is really shite. The worst is when you get a Canadian stream and you get stuck with sodding Danny Dichio. Even worse as a football analyst than he was as a striker.

Here's hoping the new manager bounce gets him the job permanently and he turns out to be shit long term because I'm arsed with United being good again.

They were saying in the radio that Southgate had been linked to the job and that would have been hilarious but unfortunately that story came from those who shall not be named so it's obviously bollocks.

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Alexi Lalas is really shite. The worst is when you get a Canadian stream and you get stuck with sodding Danny Dichio. Even worse as a football analyst than he was as a striker.

Every time they had Lalas on the panel during the 2014 World Cup, they would randomly cut away to a still from his playing days when he was talking. Top bantz:

25-alexi-lalas-usa-1998-greatest-world-c

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Looks like Martin O'Neill has got the Forest job. Big surprise for me, I thought they'd go for a trendy manager or a big foreign name given they've been trying to copy Wolves. He's a bit of a dinosaur.

Agree it's a surprise, but he does have significant ties with club having won the European Cup there as a player, so I can see the logic. Solid, if unspectacular manager. I'm just glad he's not Ireland manager anymore. 

• Paid Members

We're not the least bit surprised that Colin Wanker is a Brexiteer, are we?

Warnock had said at Cardiff City Stadium: "I don't know why politicians don't do what the country wanted, if I'm honest.

"They had a referendum and now we see different politicians and everyone else trying to put their foot in it.

"Why did we have a referendum in the first place?

"I can't wait to get out of it, if I'm honest. I think we'll be far better out of the thing - in every aspect, football-wise as well, absolutely.

"To hell with the rest of the world."

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

We're not the least bit surprised that Colin Wanker is a Brexiteer, are we?

To be fair, the destruction of the current Visa system for European players chimes with Warnock's footballing world view of encouraging big, shit domestic cloggers. 

Edited by Gus Mears