Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

Does anyone on here go regularly to Arsenal home games or has been in the past?  In particular, mid-week games.

My girlfriend got me a ticket for Christmas to the Cardiff game at the end of the month and I need some advice on going from either Waterloo or Victoria to the stadium.  Things like how much longer is it likely to take than normal before and after the game. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Twatters said:

Does anyone on here go regularly to Arsenal home games or has been in the past?  In particular, mid-week games.

My girlfriend got me a ticket for Christmas to the Cardiff game at the end of the month and I need some advice on going from either Waterloo or Victoria to the stadium.  Things like how much longer is it likely to take than normal before and after the game. 

I'd say Victoria is your best bet, as you can get the Victoria line straight up to Finsbury Park on the Victoria line, which usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on how busy it is. Then you just change to the Piccadilly line and it's one stop to Arsenal, or you can switch to the First Capital Connect train line and go to Drayton Park.

• Paid Members

On this day 16 years ago, the league's best ever playing surface reached its peak!

C14W8xtWgAEnrF8.jpg

It was relaid and replaced with something called "grass" shortly after. R.I.P. Stamford Beach, I wish you were here every time we play a Guardiola side.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

That pitch is a wet dream for Keith, a proper pitch!

Bielsa is great. Derby reported Leeds to the FA after someone at Derby's training ground, looking a bit shifty, turned out to be a member of Leeds' coaching staff:

"Yesterday I talked to Frank Lampard and he told me I didn't respect the fair play rules," continued Bielsa.

"I have a different point of view but the important thing is what Frank Lampard and Derby County think.

"I didn't ask permission from Leeds United to do it so it's my responsibility.

"Without trying to find a justification, I've been using this kind of practice since the qualifications for the World Cup with Argentina."

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, PunkStep said:

That pitch is a wet dream for Keith, a proper pitch!

Bielsa is great. Derby reported Leeds to the FA after someone at Derby's training ground, looking a bit shifty, turned out to be a member of Leeds' coaching staff:

Bielsa there with the "she said she was 16, my problem is I'm to trustworthy" excuse.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

42 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Shocking stuff from the opposition keeper, but few things in sport bring me more happiness than the goaly scoring.

I was at Spurs-Watford when Paul Robinson scored...and I missed it. As it was a fairly innocent looking free kick just outside our area I assumed that he would just lump it long and someone would clear it, so I started fiddling with my bag under my seat and when I looked up, it was in the net and I was all confused. Sad times.

Fully on board with our “shithouse our way to the title” aspirations. Huge result given our last two games, and given the fact our defensive options are thinner than  Victoria Beckham.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Fully on board with our “shithouse our way to the title” aspirations. Huge result given our last two games, and given the fact our defensive options are thinner than  Victoria Beckham.

Bodyshaming. Nice.

15 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Didn't you have Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson playing? Yeah OK, Fabinho isn't a natural defender but it could be worse. Who's missing?

20 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I swear Liverpool fans verge from 'our squad is thin/not good enough' to 'we've got the best squad in the world' on a weekly fucking basis, depending on the scoreline that weekend. 

I’ve never made that type of claim and I can’t think of any fans I know who share that thought so I presume you’re looking in the wrong spot. Our squad is good, but for any team chasing a title, only having one available centre back in an important game is always going to be a limitation, hence why winning today was important compared to our home win against them for example.