Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

1 minute ago, Gus Mears said:

If it's tradition, then that's fair enough. Hence why I'm off down the black and white minstrel show tonight with my Gollywogg. 

Gary's not wrong though, why post it!

It's like the Zwarte Piet crap you get in Holland.  Arseholes now see it as an act of defiance against political correctness.

• Paid Members

Absolutely shocking, I never knew anything like this happened. Good on the Merseyside clubs, although I thought their way of doing things was the standard. Disgusting. I think it should be for local youth clubs, not selling off to whichever rich parents decide to fork out the ridiculous fee for one of their kids' many birthday presents. Shame on all clubs doing this.

• Paid Members

When I was 10, I was invited to a mates Birthday, where we'd go to the training complex and play footy with a bunch of aspiring players (which was like watching two Gateshead players who did a bit of plumbing on the side train with Iniesta and Xavi when we hit the field) and a trip to the match that afternoon for Luton's visit to Roker Park in April. After being embarrassed for an hour and nearly injuring what eventually turned out to be some of the Sunderland side that eventually got games in the Premiership in 99/2000 by swinging by fat little arms about so I wouldnt fall over when the ball wooshed past me, we got on the bus to Roker Park and we were given a pizza from Pizza Hut (I assume it was a sponsor), a bottle of Lilt for some reason (fucking Lilt!) and a match day programme. Its when looking in the programme, there was a Birthdays section and inside it it said "todays mascot will be Ian James Shoot Name of Sunderland, who is celebrating his 10th birthday. Happy birthday Ian, do us proud" or some shite. My birthday is in March.

Now, I get it, fair enough. Sunderland had a list of names that were training for the day (probably thought we were a bit simple), and got the names mixed up and printed my name in the programme. What I dont understand about this is, neither of us were supposed to be mascot that day. So I have no fucking clue what was going on. I certainly wasnt the mascot, because I was in the seats watching the team come out and they already had one. So all I can think of there was a major fuck up and I'd taken the the page spread of the poor cunt whose birthday it was and the lad who had been picked to be mascot. Amateur hour. And the lilt tasted shit.

I'm going to have to find this programme because this story is about to sound made up, but my picture was in the programme for Sunderland's visit to Stoke the following year, because I'd won a Sunderland shirt on a school trip. My picture was in the paper and all sorts. Even did a presentation at the leavers assembley, which the UKFF's Mickfan took the piss out of me for because I finished my speech about winning the shirt and stood there for what seemed like an afternoon waiting for a round of applause from the parents. As if I was one of the famous FA Cup winners from 1973. Gutted.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Them pesky Chelsea fans causing trouble again.  Was it Sutton who wrote something at the weekend about there being a conspiracy to stop Celtic winning the league, hence the dodgy decisions going against them?  No doubt that ref did the secret handshake with Stevie Me before the game.

I love all that Chonspiracy Thheory Bhollocks That the green half of the Bhigot Bhrothers throw up.  It's times like this I miss Ally Clark.

It's fabulous seeing the meltdown from Celtic fans. All it has taken is to lose one game against The Rangers and they're all over the place. 

4 years of having almost all your own way has broken them. 

16 minutes ago, martyngnr said:

It's fabulous seeing the meltdown from Celtic fans. All it has taken is to lose one game against The Rangers and they're all over the place. 

How did your lot fare during the Rangers wilderness years? For a one club city, so far out the way of civilisation that there is literally no one else to support I think Aberdeen vastly underachieved.

Was expecting the result to go against us as soon as I saw our squad. Oh well. Hopefully the last we see of some players (cough cough, Moreno) in a Liverpool shirt for a considerable time. Keita properly needs to kick on as well, he's been a disappointment so far for the money we brought him in for.

Absolutely impressed by Hoever though. He was thrown right into the deep end, trying to play as part of u unit in that defence. A 16 year old, a midfielder, a debutant player way out of position, and Moreno. Never going to go well against Premier League opposition.

9 hours ago, martyngnr said:

Every club has their share of reactionary twats. Let's not forget that some Rangers fans were getting agitated with Gerrard in the lead up to Christmas. It's amazing the good grace a derby win can earn you - especially in the pre-break fixture, where the bragging rights will be extended for Rangers fans and the hysteria will be heightened for Celtic fans.

Interesting times to come ahead. I think Celtic will still go on to win the league, but is a treble treble unrealistic? I wonder if Rangers fans would accept 2nd and the Scottish Cup from this position. Then again, Kilmarnock should want something to show for their great form as I'm sure no one will remember that they ran Celtic in 2018-2019. I will eat my hat if Aberdeen win anything this season, or next, for that matter.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, StrongStyle said:

I wonder if Rangers fans would accept 2nd and the Scottish Cup from this position.

Of course they would. Well, they should. They're not even top and Celtic have a game in hand. If they stay in the race then that's a huge improvement on last season, plus a trophy to boot. The gulf between the clubs was massive, the short-term aim was surely to close that as much as possible, and this would certainly achieve that.

Rangers have made a couple of good moves in this window so far, as well as Defoe you'd think Steven Davies will be a shrewd signing. But Celtic now have Weah on loan- him and Edouard probably know each other quite well won't they? Could be a decent link-up.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, David said:

How did your lot fare during the Rangers wilderness years? For a one club city, so far out the way of civilisation that there is literally no one else to support I think Aberdeen vastly underachieved.

That's a rubbish attempt at bait. Just post the picture of John Sutton fouling our keeper again and we can move on.

Looking from the outside in it looks more like Rangers have overachieved this season so the expectations are probably higher than they are. I'm sure even Gerrard beneath the media talk would admit he needed at least a season to sort things out (I know he has been quite bold in expecting Rangers to challenge this season).

It's good to see a rivalry of sorts and as someone who doesn't favour one over the other both Brendon and Gerrard have certainly made it interesting to watch. Gerrard knocking Rodgers off the SPL throne would be good viewing though. 

Even if Rangers win nothing this season, Gerrard has built something resembling a reliable team - they have been a collection of misfits and loan signings since gaining promotion. Celtic could realistically be looking for almost a whole new team in the summer if you take into account that Brown and Lustig are finished, Boyata and Benkovic will be away and Tierney seems to be struggling with a bad injury (a hip problem is a worry for a player his age).