Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

But then you get someone like Harry Kane who has overcome all the fucking obstacles in the world

Go on...

Raheem Sterling had it far more dogshit. He's castigated, Kane is loved. Why's that?

Edited by PowerButchi

Balotelli didn't half act like a fucking arsehole, but the amount of shit, a lot of it made up, was commented on far more than all the positive things he did off the field.  Imagine if Gazza was black, I'm sure he'd still be defended by Ingurland fans for the drinking, domestic violence and all that.  He does get castigated for it, but how much is defended due to mental health?  

Football is racist because society is racist.  As John Barnes said, if all the racists in a football stadium were silenced and didn't chant or shout abuse at BAME players, the stadium would still have racists.  The best example for the tribal mentality that exists is the Evra Suarez situation.  One was automatically guilty and one was automatically innocent solely because of the crest on the shirt they wore.  I'm sure all the defenders of Suarez and the detractors of Evra would have had the exact same stance of cultural nuances if it happened to be Chicharito and Glen Johnson going at it.

And I know there will be people who go all #NotAllFans, well bully for you.  Your club has racist fans, but as soon as you get tribally defensive about it, you're adding to the problem.

Anyone caught any of the Sunderland documentary on Netflix yet?

I'm only about 20 minutes in, but it's amazing. They've just been spanked 5-0 in pre-season by Celtic, but it's been edited to try and portray Sunderland on top for the majority of the game, and unlucky not to score. Then Celtic score and the timer only reads 4 minutes. Hilarity then follows as they switch between shots Lee Cattermole looking flustered as Kone spoons another pass out of play and Sunderland fans giving the police a load of aggro. At the end of the game it's like the Queen has died, as a 40-odd year old bloke fumes to the camera about "THE PLAYERS NOT HAVING ENOUGH PASHUN'" as he flips off the camera.

A pre-season loss.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Nice bit of whataboutery there. I never said Raheem Sterling hasn’t had it “more dogshit” did I? 

Kane is loved? Ok mate, whatever you say. 

Harry Kane just finished third in Sports Personality of the Year despite not winning anything.

• Moderators

Harry Kane has a huge amount of positive coverage in the press. Casual fans think he's a top, top person. I'd say he's one of the more liked players in football easily. He's as close to loved as someone in his position can be. But yeah, what are all teh fucking obstacles in the world he had to overcome?

And why do you think the man who came second is such a loathsome figure? Is it because he's seen as uppity?

Edited by PowerButchi

It's probably because he's a tax dodger. He's worth something like £130m so you can appreciate him looking to save a few quid on his private jets. 

Edit: I wouldn't necessarily call him loathsome, mind. There's way bigger tossers in sport. 

Edit 2: didn't know about the transphobia thing! Tosser! 

Edited by hallicks

4 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Harry Kane has a huge amount of positive coverage in the press. Casual fans think he's a top, top person. I'd say he's one of the more liked players in football easily. He's as close to loved as someone in his position can be. But yeah, what are all teh fucking obstacles in the world he had to overcome?

And why do you think the man who came second is such a loathsome figure? Is it because he's seen as uppity?

First of all, I can only speak about my experiences of hearing and seeing what other people say about Kane. You’re right, he has had some positive press. He’s also had an incredible amount of criticism, most of it unjust, thrust upon him. 

He won back to back golden boots, but he’s just a tap in merchant. He won the World Cup golden boot, but he played shit (lol), and they were all penalties, so doesn’t count. He’s tired, he’s fatigued, is this the end of the Kane story? Has he been found out? 

Here is a lad who was constantly told he wasn’t good enough, rejected at an early age, who fought and fought to improve himself and his game through sheer hard work and dedication, and in an age where clubs can sign ready made strikers, worked his way up through the academy and captained his country at a World Cup. He should be applauded. So should Lingard, Rashford and every one else who fought this way to make it to their respective positions. I only used Kane as an example as he is the one I see and hear the most on. 

I never equated his situation with Sterling. I think he’s one of the finest players this country has and has gone through a hell of a lot more than most and handled it incredibly well. He is a testament to himself, and the shit he gets is vile.

Hamilton? Yeah, I don’t like transphobic people to be honest. That to me, makes him loathsome.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Anyone caught any of the Sunderland documentary on Netflix yet?

I'm only about 20 minutes in, but it's amazing. They've just been spanked 5-0 in pre-season by Celtic, but it's been edited to try and portray Sunderland on top for the majority of the game, and unlucky not to score. Then Celtic score and the timer only reads 4 minutes. Hilarity then follows as they switch between shots Lee Cattermole looking flustered as Kone spoons another pass out of play and Sunderland fans giving the police a load of aggro. At the end of the game it's like the Queen has died, as a 40-odd year old bloke fumes to the camera about "THE PLAYERS NOT HAVING ENOUGH PASHUN'" as he flips off the camera.

A pre-season loss.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Yeah, it's always hilarious when a teams fanbase is overly dramatic and massively knee-jerk in their reactions.

Who do you support again?

• Paid Members

Martin Bain is pure boardroom sleaze throughout. It's wonderful. I assume it was with his blessing this went ahead, as he thought he'd arrive and get the team promoted no problem, but the team behind the docu-series did a tremendous job making him look like an egomaniacal knob.

Very much recommend it.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

First of all, I can only speak about my experiences of hearing and seeing what other people say about Kane. You’re right, he has had some positive press. He’s also had an incredible amount of criticism, most of it unjust, thrust upon him. 

He won back to back golden boots, but he’s just a tap in merchant. He won the World Cup golden boot, but he played shit (lol), and they were all penalties, so doesn’t count. He’s tired, he’s fatigued, is this the end of the Kane story? Has he been found out? 

Here is a lad who was constantly told he wasn’t good enough, rejected at an early age, who fought and fought to improve himself and his game through sheer hard work and dedication, and in an age where clubs can sign ready made strikers, worked his way up through the academy and captained his country at a World Cup. He should be applauded. So should Lingard, Rashford and every one else who fought this way to make it to their respective positions. I only used Kane as an example as he is the one I see and hear the most on. 

This seems like it's pretty much based on you being a Spurs fan to be honest. Kane's had some flack, but I don't think it's more or less than other players around his calibre and he wouldn't be anywhere high on a list of people the media target in the game.