Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Is that the same organisation some West Ham coach went on a march with?

That's them.  But they aren't racist or anything, they're just against extreme Islam

2 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Uni Lad

Exactly.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

Two Hearts fans have been arrested for abusing a Motherwell player yesterday and then there's the 4 or 5 incidents with Scott Sinclair that have involved fans of different teams. 

It was disgusting hearing some Aberdeen fans try to excuse the one at the League Cup final with "It was actually the referee he was calling a black bastard". 

A real embarrassment. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

That seems more like UK Kat Von D's Team of the Week judging by the amount of irrelevant namedropping in there. 

Next thing you know, Garth Crooks will casually mention which city he is travelling to in every other nomination he makes.

18 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Anyone see that Archie Mitchell looking cockney cunt and his mates calling Sterling a "black cunt" yesterday? The venom in their eyes, man. The world can be a horrible place. Bet those thick twats were the first ones cheering when Drogba won them the Champions League, as if they had something to do with it.

I see that the black lad in the crowd who was stood next to them is getting grief online as well, being called an Uncle Tom and all sorts. The whole fucking world is going mad.

"Stick up for your own kind you Uncle Tom". Yeah ok, good to see the anti racists fighting the good fight on line.

It's great to see the media getting pelters over this. The stuff with Sterling has been noticeable since the early day at Liverpool with all the "he's got 8 kids" stuff that many of the Everton fans I know irl used to think was genuine. Good portion of Liverpool fans as well come to think about it, it did seem to rise when he entered his contract dispute though.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

"Stick up for your own kind you Uncle Tom". Yeah ok, good to see the anti racists fighting the good fight on line.

The worst of it is, the people I've seen calling him that have been white for the most part! Go figure that shit out! 

What do they expect him to do? Confront the three arseholes on his own? He's probably thinking that he's got to sit next to them or their mates every home game, so to expect him to do anything too drastic is a bit of a stretch.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It's great to see the media getting pelters over this. The stuff with Sterling has been noticeable since the early day at Liverpool with all the "he's got 8 kids" stuff that many of the Everton fans I know irl used to think was genuine. Good portion of Liverpool fans as well come to think about it, it did seem to rise when he entered his contract dispute though.

Sterling was established as the number one target as soon as he left Liverpool for City. Not only was he an "ungrateful young guy leaving a so-called proper club who've supported him and his development, but he was doing so to join evil City and their foreign money."

I also don't understand why he's getting grief when other young, successful black players aren't targets for as much vitriol? Does the likes of Rashford get the same kind of grief? That's a genuine question by the way, as I honestly don't know.

This was discussed on the Sunday Supplement yesterday at the beginning and towards the end of the show (when news broke of his Instagram post). 

Rashford was compared to Sterling in that he is young, black, plays for a big manchester club, is an England international etc and the only difference is that he is a youth product at Manchester United and has stayed there rather than make a big money move (not that it justifies the abuse/racism). Yet both appear to be treated differently within the media. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

This was discussed on the Sunday Supplement yesterday at the beginning and towards the end of the show (when news broke of his Instagram post). 

Rashford was compared to Sterling in that he is young, black, plays for a big manchester club, is an England international etc and the only difference is that he is a youth product at Manchester United and has stayed there rather than make a big money move (not that it justifies the abuse/racism). Yet both appear to be treated differently within the media. 

Because Sterling is "uppity" in the eyes of the media. He needs to "know his place", if you get me.

Love this squad. Alisson, unreal. Love that the Coutinho money has gone toward two signings that have made us an infinitely better squad than with him.

Was bricking it when I saw the midfield we were starting but for over half the game we didn't let Napoli create a thing. Could've been 3 or 4 up but oh well. Modric flying over and wearing Henderson's shirt for the game was a cracking gesture, fair play. Coulibaly for them lot was far too good for that defence, he could be a big signing for somebody come Summer. VVD exceptional once again, but annoyed he's going to miss the first leg at Anfield. That said, we shouldn't be fearing any team at home. 

Switch up our midfield in the away game and I'd give us a shout against anyone. Going to have to play the best teams anyway if we want to go far, so who's arsed?