Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Just now, IANdrewDiceClay said:

At school, in English our football obsessed teacher gave us a project where we had to write to a division 1 club. I got Barnsley in the raffle. So I wrote to them and they didnt even send me a letter back. Just some sticker of a dog. No letter or anything!

"Just send him a sticker of a dog, he'll be happy with that."

That's really weird. We all had to to write to someone in English, and being Barnsley fans loads chose the club. We each got a letter back, a poster and autograph sheet. Maybe you just lucked out(this was back in the early 90's, the average attendances were around 5,000, so maybe they didn't get as much fan mail back then..)

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I lived in tarn from 2000-2002 and loved the away kit at the time.

Where about did you live? 

edit: shit, sorry about the double post!

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members
Just now, Cod Eye said:

That's really weird. We all had to to write to someone in English, and being Barnsley fans loads chose the club. We each got a letter back, a poster and autograph sheet. Maybe you just lucked out(this was back in the early 90's, the average attendances were around 5,000, so maybe they didn't get as much fan mail back then..)

Well Sunderland were in Division One at the time as well, so when he saw the return address maybe he thought I was Peter Reid under a fake name trying to tap Neil Redfearn up.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Well Sunderland were in Division One at the time as well, so when he saw the return address maybe he thought I was Peter Reid under a fake name trying to tap Neil Redfearn up.

Wish we had a player like Redders now!

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Where about did you live? 

edit: shit, sorry about the double post!

I lived on James Street, just off Eldon Street. I don't know whether that paper shop is still there, but I was on the street opposite that shop. I used to DJ in the Ice Bar on a Wednesday night and downstairs at what was then called The Lord Nelson on a Friday night briefly. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I lived on James Street, just off Eldon Street. I don't know whether that paper shop is still there, but I was on the street opposite that shop. I used to DJ in the Ice Bar on a Wednesday night and downstairs at what was then called The Lord Nelson on a Friday night briefly. 

That will be back when Wednesday nights were a great night. Butterfields had a 3 for 1 offer on all drinks so was packed!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Cod Eye said:

That will be back when Wednesday nights were a great night. Butterfields had a 3 for 1 offer on all drinks so was packed!

Monday nights I'd go up to Hedonism, Wednesdays and Fridays I'd usually be down Regent's.

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know it's all ifs and buts but that Man Utd team weren't dominant so it's a no from me.  They were seconds away from losing the Champions League, Needed two extra time games in the semi of the FA cup and won the league on the last day of the season because Arsenal threw it away a week or so before.  Sure, they still had to win them and it's an incredible thing to do, but they were three games removed from winning fuck all.

The FA Cup semi-final only went to a replay because they wrongly had a goal disallowed in the original game, then they had to win it all over again when a player short 3 days later. You're right that Bayern Munich and Arsenal basically bottled the other two competitions, though. 

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

It's all wrong though, as Barnsley's 97/98 team with Jan Aage Fjortoft and Ashley Ward up top would have spanked them all(except the United team, who beat us 7-0. And the Chelsea team, who beat us 6-0. Or the Arsenal team who put on the best defensive display I've ever seen live. Not City though, they were Division 1 at a the time!)

Focus on the FA Cup result against Man United that season, not the league game. Man City weren't just in Division One back then, they finished 22nd! What a difference a Sheikh makes... 

Great performance that. Salah was brilliant, Keita continues to boss our midfield and Fabinho is improving every game. I'd change nothing for the Napoli game barring TAA coming into the team. If we start Henderson I'll cry.