Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's the defence for sure. They've outscored 4 of the teams above them but leaked 31 goals- 6 more than any other team. Mawson, Chambers, Bryan, Le Marchand and Fosu-Mensah- trying to mash a load of new (and mostly young) defenders together and expect solidness against top class attacks is a big ask. You can get away with it when it comes to replenishing your attack, but not normally your defence.

• Paid Members

'Informal visit'. Right-o.

I hope referring to the Glazers with a separate fictional character prefix becomes a thing, in a similar vein to the Dudley Boys in ECW. You have Phil Mitchell Glazer, and Malcolm Glazer was clearly John McCririck Glazer.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

'Informal visit'. Right-o.

I hope referring to the Glazers with a separate fictional character prefix becomes a thing, in a similar vein to the Dudley Boys in ECW. You have Phil Mitchell Glazer, and Malcolm Glazer was clearly John McCririck Glazer.

Dancers With Glazer is a favourite of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Fucked as soon as we selected that squad. 4 away defeats on the bounce in the Champions League. Same midfield 3 every time. If it didn't work away to Red Star cunting Belgrade, what's going to make it work against PSG? Fabinho and Keita waiting on the bench - it's almost December, why aren't they consistently starting games?

Horrible team, horrible referee, horrible game.

• Paid Members
On 11/15/2018 at 4:12 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Dancers With Glazer is a favourite of mine.

Wait until Glazer Glazer turns up.

• Paid Members

GET THE FUCK IN!

What a win, by far the biggest of the Emery Era so far. We obviously won't be challenging for the title, but we're well and truly in the mix with everyone that isn't called Man City for those top 4 spots. God I love Auba and Laca. And Torreira, the little Uruguayan terrier. And Guendouzi. Buzzing.

Arsenal were better, they wanted it more, and the changes made the difference.

I absolutely despise derby day, it makes me genuinely physically sick watching these games. Anyone who says they enjoy watching them is a Tory. Now to see if I secretly hint to my eldest that I love her sister more than her...for the evening at least 

• Paid Members

Selection of centreback pairing that had never played together for a derby away from home was absolutely baffling. Lost the game inside 10 minutes with Vertonghen carrying a yellow for 80 and his partner a scared boy in over his head. Ludicrous.