Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On 11/9/2018 at 12:31 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Talk about pushy parents.

I'll be getting my coat now.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:19 PM, scratchdj said:

How could anyone argue that a loss is a better result than a win? The point was about performance.

Genuine question from someone who doesn’t follow the Scottish game - how is Gerrard thought of by the Rangers fans?

He’s given us a superb European run. In the league we aren’t far away from celtic which is progress. We have made a lot of budget range signings and you don’t get every game 7/10 from them, so a few blips in the 27 games I think we are at now will happen. You get the odd nutter giving it he’s shite like after the semi final loss to Aberdeen, but he’s doing far better than I expected of him, seems to be slowly learning from mistakes, and isn’t the it’s all about him egotistical twat I expected him to be as the massive whale of a name in the attention starved pond we have up here. Has also brought some players on with his coaching team, Making Morelos more consistent, and changing Journeymen like Andy Halliday from a player shipped off to Baku on loan last year, to someone who can In and play well in various games. I expected flash and splash the cash, so far we have understated and developing. Very strong start to me and 99.999999% of Rangers fans I know. The rest are the likes that warning labels on shampoo bottles are made for 

Must say, Gerrard has impressed me at Rangers. I fully expected him to fall flat on his face, what with the circus that the club's become, but he's generally managed to deal with what could've been a disastrous situation particularly well. Going forward, I would imagine he'll either sink catastrophically and get the sack or have the sense to duck out as soon as he gets a concrete offer from an established club down south. 

• Paid Members

Fulham have sacked Jokanovic, which was always in the cards given how shit they've been. For all the attacking talent they have at their disposal, their defence has been woeful. Bringing in an entirely new back 4 and there's always the risk of that happening. I still don't understand why they signed those two decent Spanish keepers. There's a very good squad there and I think they can comfortably avoid relegation with the right manager.

Enter Ranieri. I think they've made a good choice appointing him, he could be the type to lift the players with his personality and methods. He managed to turn a bunch of misfits in Morgan, Huth, Simpson and Fuchs into a damn good defence in 15/16 (those four have never been close to that level before or after their title winning season, whereas the quality of Kante, Vardy and Mahrez remained), so he may be able to get something out of Fulham's terrible defence. I hope so, they're a good club and I think Khan has good intentions as an owner.

Plus, it'll be nice to see him back. I really like Ranieri, one of the most likeable managers we've seen in the Premier League.

• Paid Members

It would be pretty dire if Fulham had paid all that money out and invested in the squad only to end up going back down again. I'd imagine theybwould have gelled eventually and made it to safety.