Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

In the very, very unlikely situation that City got the major ban hammered down upon then for basically cheating the system for a decade, would Brenden and Stevie G get the old open top bus going if the 2014 title is awarded to Liverpool?

You have to ruin everything, Ian.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You have to ruin everything, Ian.

I heard that if City get the maximum punishment, United get the 2012 and 2017 titles, Ferguson has to come back to manage them, City get relegated to League 2 and Hulk Hogan isnt a racist anymore. That's what it says in the FIFA rule book that I've just wrote.

Also there's a transfer cap at £2.3 million for anyone in the world.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

They'll get away with it, because they'll be able to demonstrate through highly talented lawyers that technically they haven't done anything wrong. No chance they'll get the book thrown at them.

If they do, they should decide how to award the titles City have won by way of a Wembley Doubles tournament featuring the teams from those respective seasons. Winner takes all three titles.

Abysmal, shit performance tonight. The most damning aspect being that it's been coming for a while in all honesty. Poor squad selection, poor tactics, poor mentality, poor substitutions. No energy at all. Just absolute dross all over. Think we could've played for hours on hours without scoring, we looked fucked as soon as that second went in.

Lallana is pants, he slows down the play every time we enter an opposition's second half. There's fuck all chance of us creating anything, let alone scoring when we're giving him the responsibility of being our playmaker. He's one of the rare examples of a player I can think of off the top of my head who hasn't improved under Klopp. He's nowhere near Champions League level and we should go all out for Fekir, or an alternative in January. Milner was giving the ball away every time he got it. Matip is a donkey. Bringing on our best striker to shaft him out wide, whilst insisting on whipping crosses into 5'9 Salah. Just a really, really bad game which has come at a piss poor time.

Edited by AdamTH17

Not sure where I've been particularly over-dramatic in that post to be honest with you.

The selection was shit, and it was reflected in our performance. As were our tactics which consequently was a big reason as to why we recorded a grand total of 0 shots on target in the first 60 minutes or so against a team we comfortably battered just a fortnight ago. We haven't played particularly well this season, and we're doing very well to be where we are. We're performing poorly, but managing to grind out results, but a result like this has been in the making all season with the continuing performances. That's not over-dramatic. That's being realistic to suggest that if we keep playing as we have been doing, it's inevitable it's going to catch up with us, as it did tonight.

Nor do I think any of my player assessments were over the top. Lallana was shit, and has been shit every time he's stepped onto the pitch for us this season. Milner has had a great season, but he played really badly tonight. Saying we need creativity in that midfield is certainly reasonable, because with Chamberlain out for the foreseeable future, and Shaqiri not particularly favoured there, we lack massively in the final third linking upto our front three.

I’m not suggesting we can’t improve, because we obviously can, but to say that was a shit performance isn’t exactly a demonstration of insanity.

Edited by AdamTH17

5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I think it's more the lack of perspective in losing one game. City lost at home to Lyon, shit happens in the champions league.

I’d completely understand if I claimed our season has completely capitulated, and we may as well start planning to sell Salah, Van Dijk etc next summer already - but it was a shit performance, culminating in a shit result which had been coming for a while.

City have been twonking teams comfortably all season and lost in a big one-off, which they’ve responded to by continuing to batter everyone else. We’ve been playing below standard for a while and this result will hopefully serve as a wake-up call for the squad that we can’t afford any more lapses like this.